Chapter 3

It was now finally the end of the day, and I was headed to my new locker. Sam is also supposed to meet me here, since he's basically my ride back home. I put in the combination to my locker, and on the second try, it opened. I started putting some of my books and binders into it to make my bag less heavy. As I was, I heard someone calling for me, which brought me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Elena," I heard a familiar voice say. I realized that voice from anywhere, just as quick as the snap of my fingers. I looked up to seeing Ethan with a smile across his face, with a smile plastered on mine just as I saw his. It's just something about him for some reason that makes me forget about my worries.

A blushed a little, also feeling my heart beat a bit faster, and said, "Hey."

"It's nice to see you again," he replied.

"Same with you," I smiled lightly.

"I had no clue that we go to the same school," he told me. "Did you just move here or something?"

"Nope, I've lived here my life," I giggled, and he let out a small chuckle. "Did you?"

"Nah, same thing," he said. "But it's weird how we're just realizing this now."

We both laughed. "I know," I added. "I've been here all 3 years and I've never seen you here ever."

"Me too, but wait, you're a junior?" he asked.

"Yeah, you're a senior right?" I asked him. "I met your brother Grayson in my home room this morning, and he was saying how you guys were seniors."

"Yup, we're seniors alright," he laughed, and so did I. "But Grayson was telling me how he seen you today. I saw you at lunch too," he explained, and I bit my lip at how much I was focused on him. "I was gunna head over to your table to say hi, but I didn't wanna make things awkward," he lightly chuckled. I saw him shuffling his feet, and let out an awkward smile. He seems so cute.

"No, don't worry. You could always head over to my table any time," I offered, and I saw his lips curve into a smile.

"I'll definitely do that then next time," I saw him smile, but turned a little into a smirk. I felt my cheeks get warm at this moment by what he just did. I looked away smiling, and putting a piece of my hair behind my ear. "So, I guess I'll see you around?" he told me.

"You might wanna think again," I heard another voice say. I knew who's voice that was, and I soon saw Sam's arm around my shoulder. My smile also started to fade instantly way, realizing how he's here and how he sees me talking to another guy... He had the sternest look on his face, while mine filled with fear with what's about to happen next.

I even glanced towards Ethan, who seemed a bit shocked at this moment. "I'm sorry?" he asked a bit confused.

"This is my girlfriend you're talking to," Sam told him. "She doesn't seem interested, and neither do I." I know he's probably gunna pick a fight or something because of this, and I seriously hope it doesn't happen.

"Sam please," I told him, trying to take his attention away from all of this.

"Stay out of this Elena," he snapped, and took his arm away from me. "This doesn't concern you yet." I felt myself become a bit more terrified, knowing something bad might happen to me.

"Look, I'll just leave you guys be," Ethan said in defense. "I didn't mean to interrupt anything between you two. I'll just leave."

He started to back away and leave, but I didn't want things to end like this between us because of Sam. "Ethan, no worries," I called out, and he turned around towards me as he was leaving. "I'll see you," I tried waving, and I let out a small sympathetic smile. He did also, and he soon started walking away down the hallway getting past other people. I actually feel bad for Ethan because of Sam...

"I can't even believe you right now," I heard Sam say, breaking me away from my thoughts. "I'm taking you home," he told me, gripping onto my wrist and dragging me away. "We have a serious thing to talk about." I suddenly became even more frightened because of him, thinking of what he might do to me, and it won't be pretty.

He dragged me really hard out to the student parking lot, and I tried so hard to not make it obvious at how hard he was pulling me. I wanted to burst out into tears at this moment, but I don't need to look anymore like a joke. Once we made it to his car, he put me inside, and got in the drivers side, instantly driving off as fast as he could. I already started crying because of it, and Sam had already started ranting on about how I was talking to Ethan. "I can't even believe how you were already talking to guys," he said angrily. "On the first day, already on the first day!" he exclaimed. "And you were trying to hide this from me?"

I just kept on crying, and I let out, "I'm sorry."

"Just shut up," he spat. "We're finishing this at your house." He then kept on ranting about it for the rest of the ride, and I just kept on crying. Soon enough, Sam parked in front of my house, and he started dragging me to the front door. He ordered me go unlock it, and so I did. He dragged me inside, and I let my school bag fall onto the floor.

"I'm sorry," I tried tell him once more in between my cries, and I panicked even more at this moment by how angry he was. He stared down at me bitterly as I tried to explain. "It's my fault... H-He didn't mean to start talking to me, I did... W-We were just talking about some work in a class, and-"

I was then cut off by a slap going across my face, and I fell down to the ground. I winced at how much pain it caused, and I held onto my cheek on the spot where he had slapped me. I even cried a bit more because of the pain, and I stared back up at him. "That's what you deserve for what you had caused," he told me. "Now you listen to me, okay?" I slightly nodded. "You never talk any more guys behind my back, or else you'd get it even worse." I nodded again towards him before he said, "Now leave and clean yourself up."

I did as he said, and I started to back away in the position I'm in. I soon got up, and started walking upstairs to my bathroom. I started crying even more as I hurried up there, and I looked at myself in the mirror. I'm a complete mess... It's like Sam is only with me to treat me like a guard dog, and treat me bad like that when things don't go his way.

I then started searching for a blade that I keep under my sink, and I stared at it once I found it. I then pulled up my sleeve a bit from my shirt, staring at some of my scars on my wrists from the past times I did this. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before deciding to do this, and that's when I did it again. I opened up my eyes once I felt the horrible sting on my wrist, and I started to let some more tears escape my eyes because of the pain, but yet it felt good inside. I then started washing the blood off my wrist under the sink, and I put a small bandaid on the part where I cut once I dried it. I also put on some makeup around the bandaid, trying to cover some of it up. I then pulled my sleeve back down, covering up that spot.

I then washed my face that held all the salty tears, and I felt a bit better in myself. I just really hope things do get better for me, but it just feels like things get worse for me. I thought meeting Ethan would work and help me get out of this, but maybe that's just the reason why it could be getting worse for me...

//
A/N: I actually started crying bc of this chapter😭 But really if you do feel any way of what her character feels, it does get better. I hate writing things like this bc it's seems kinda sad to talk about, but if you ever do that and feel like that, please message me cuz I hate seeing people go through stuff like that... Btw life seriously does get better, so pls don't ever harm yourself or feel bad about yourself bc life is worth it, and so are you❤️😊