Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning with the dim sunlight shining through my eyes. I looked around, wondering where I was. But I then remembered what happened last night, and I woke up in Ethan's room. I stretched a little, but not too much to wake up Ethan. He did have his arm over me a bit, and it still got to me. "Good morning," I heard him mumble in a deep raspy voice, that sound 10 times more attractive.

"Morning," I replied as I turned over towards him, and I felt him pull away from me. "What time is it?"

I then saw him fumble around trying to get up and grab his phone on the nightstand next to him, and it caused me to let out a few giggles. I saw him blushing a little, and he soon replied with, "10:30." I then sat up some more, and so did he. "You feeling a lot better?" he asked me.

I nodded my head 'yes' with a slight smile, and said, "Yeah, a lot." I saw him smile afterwards also, and he soon asked, "So, you hungry too?" I nodded, and we both decided to get up. We both got off the bed, and started heading downstairs towards the kitchen. It was also very quiet, and Ethan was saying that his parents left early for work, his sister Cameron was out doing some errands, and Grayson was over his friends house last night. Once we made it to the kitchen, we decided on just eating some cereal to keep it simple. "You don't wanna cook for me, huh?" I joked, and he let out a small laugh.

"Nah, I just naturally suck at cooking," he chuckled, and I giggled a little. "My parents would make me something in the morning, but they both left early for work." He then handed me my bowl of cereal, and we both started eating it. It was a bit silent between us as we ate, but we did have a few random conversations.

"So uh... You wanna tell me about Sam?" I heard him ask. I tensed up a bit and sighed at his question. I probably should tell him about everything from what he has seen on what he's done to me. I do trust him enough for him to know. But yet I might feel a bit embarrassed telling him about it... "You don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable," he added. But I could tell in his voice that he really wants the truth about everything.

"No, no. I'll tell you everything," I told him reassuringly. "It all started earlier when summer started, and I met him at this party..." I then started to explain to him from when the abuse all started. Everything was fine for the first few weeks when we dated, but after that, that's when a whole other new side came out of him. I told Ethan about all the things Sam has done to me ever since, and even until now. I told him about the way he acts around me, but mostly the way he abuses me.

"Oh my gosh Elena," I heard him say. I did feel a bit insecure and embarrassed from all that I've told him. But his facial expression showed that he felt heartbroken and down about it, probably not believing all that I just said. "All these months?" he exclaimed breathlessly.

I nodded my head, saying, "Yup, almost 4 months exactly..." I looked down towards the ground, then back towards him.

"I knew something was up between you and him ever since I've met you, but I didn't know it was that bad Elena," he told me with a sorrowful look. "Why didn't tell me about this? Or anyone?"

"Cause I couldn't," I told him. "He threatened me not to tell anyone about what he does to me. He even threatened me not to hang around with you once he found out about the tutoring thing..."

"I'm so sorry," I heard him say. "I can't even believe Sam would do such horrible things to you," he said with disgust.

"This isn't any of your fault," I told him.

"I know, but I'm sorry for what you had to go through when you're with him," he explained. "And your arm?" I felt him grab my arm, feeling some sort of spark once our skin was touching. He brushed over my cuts and scars saying, "This is all from him?" he asked a bit quietly.