Chapter 9

Ethan's POV

I'm starting to think that there is something going on in between Elena and her boyfriend Sam. I've noticed that every time Sam catches Elena with me, he acts like the jealous type, almost like he seems protective over her. I'm not trying to break them up or anything, but he always seems like he's in an angry mood when he finds Elena with me. Not only Sam, Elena seems to act somewhat scared around him. I not totally sure if she is, but I feel like I can sense it on her facial expression when that happens.

On the other hand, I overheard the conversation between her and Sam when he apparently showed up at her house yesterday when we were tutoring. I didn't mean to hear their conversation, but I heard people talking once I got out of the bathroom, and me being the nosey person I am, I had to figure out what they were talking about. I didn't hear much, but it sounded like Sam was apologizing to her for something, and Elena seemed fine about it. From what I could hear, I sounded like Sam cheated on her or something, but I'm not even sure. It probably could be about something else though.

I also heard that Elena was kinda lying about me being over, so Sam wouldn't find out apparently. I don't understand why it looks like she keeps lying to him, but it doesn't seem right to me. If she doesn't lie to him, would something bad happen? Like that doesn't look like a healthy relationship if she lies to her own boyfriend... Unless it could be the way Sam would react if she did tell the truth.

I'm not really trying to invade in her privacy, but I don't want her to end up in something bad. She is my friend, maybe even a close friend to me, but I care for her. It may be because I am developing more feelings for her... With all these mixed feelings I've been getting, I'm actually starting to realize that I do like her like that. It's just the way she looks around me, the way she acts around me, and just naturally her that makes me like her like that. I have to admit she's beautiful... Her amazing dark brown eyes, long brown hair, and her perfect smile that suits her. Not only that, her personality is what's making me get these feelings for her.

But there's only one problem, which is her boyfriend Sam... I need to at least get to the bottom of what's going on between him and Elena. There could be something that's bad going on with them, and that could help me get Elena to myself. I'm not totally sure if I should do it, or even if it could work, but sooner or later, I know for sure that Elena will be mine.

Elena's POV

It was now the next day, and the end of the day actually. I was pretty happy, since I get Ethan. He's mainly the only reason I get through the day and look forward to the school day ending. I was at my locker at the moment, and I closed it once I finished getting all the books I needed.

I wasn't sure if Ethan and I were still doing the tutoring thing, cause I know that Sam has football practice today after school, and I know Ethan does football. I was actually kinda hoping to be with him today. With all this thinking, I was brought back into reality with my eyes meeting Ethan's beautiful ones. "Hey," I smiled. "I was just looking for you."

"Same," he replied with his charming smile. "I actually came to tell you that I can't tutor today since I have football practice," he told me scratching the back of his neck.

"It's fine," I told him with an assuring smile.

"I'm sorry," he added. "I was actually looking forward for it today."

"I'm serious Ethan, it's okay," I said letting a few giggles out, and he gave out a small chuckle also. "We could always get together later from now on?" I said in more of a question.