Chapter 13

After Ethan and I had kissed, I totally knew that I wanna be with him already. But it was a bit awkward after we kissed... We switched the conversation to something else right after we did, so it's like it didn't even happen. I did let him stay a little longer though, mainly since I did wanna be near him cause of what I was feeling. We watched a movie on Netflix, but since it was getting later at night, he did have to leave afterwards. But anyways, it was now the night of the homecoming dance, and he did tell me he was going to it. I was debating if I should go to it cause of how Sam will be there, but if Ethan goes, I know I'll stay safe around him.

I was wearing a coral pink strapless dress that flowed down to my feet, and it also was a bit designed around the chest area. I then matched it with my black heels, and I moved onto hair and makeup. I left my hair down in its natural style, and I even pinned part of it to the side. I also did my makeup a bit, and I just added some eyeshadow, mascara, and some pink lipstick. Once I was finally done, I checked myself out in the mirror, and I believed I looked pretty presentable for this dance.

Before everything happened between with me and Sam, he did say he was picking me up around 8 o'clock. I'm not sure if he was still picking me up, but I bet he still is knowing the kind of person he is. So I had my parents drop me off at school around 7:30 so I could miss Sam trying to get me. I even told them somewhat of what happened, but I mostly just told them things weren't working out between us, and how Sam still wanted to be with me. I was then finally walking through the schools gym doors that were surrounded by balloons and loud music, and that led to where the dance was held. As I was walking through, my thoughts about how nicely decorated it was in here got interrupted by my friends coming up to greeting me. "Elena! You look so pretty!" Avery exclaimed with a smile on her face. They all kept complimenting me on how I looked, and it made me blush with the attention I was getting from them. "You guys look so beautiful too," I told them with a smile, and they all did the same thing.

"Where's Sam?" Grace asked me, and I guess I should tell them somewhat of what happened between us.

"About him, something actually happened between us," I told them. "So we're not that much... On the same terms I guess."

"Awe we're so sorry," Rachel told me while brushing her hand against my arm. "What happened?"

"Just a personal thing..." I told them with a slight smile. They all gave me a sympathetic smile, and Rachel replied with, "Oh, we understand." We them switched our conversation over to something else, but I suddenly felt someone come up right next me. As I looked, I found Ethan right next to me, and I smiled up towards him as I did. "Mind if I take her away from you guys for a minute?" he asked towards my friends, and they all nodded. As they were leaving, I saw them all giving me smirks, but I just rolled my eyes and laughed a little.

My attention was then brought back over to Ethan, and I couldn't control myself from staring at how good he looked. He literally looked like he could be a model for Calvin Klein or something... I mean he looks like he could model for them anytime, but he just looks so good right now at this moment. "You look... Amazing," he told me with his beautiful smile, and I couldn't help but blush again.

"Thank you," I smiled over towards him. "You don't look so bad yourself." I saw him look away blushing, and it caused me to giggle a little cause of how cute he looked while doing that. "So how are you doing from last night?" he asked me.

"From when you saved me or when you kissed me?" I asked him with a slight smirk, and I saw him blush again, probably cause of my last sentence.

"I meant from when I saved you, but I guess I could know from the kiss too," he chuckled.

"Well, I feel a lot better," I told him. "And the kiss was pretty good." I felt those butterflies come up again when I mentioned the kiss, and I couldn't stop my cheeks from flushing red. "Same here," he replied with a smile that turned into a smirk. I then looked away smiling, but as I was, I found someone entering the room who caught my attention. Sam was entering the room with a couple of his friends, and I noticed him looking around. I saw his eyes wander over towards me, and I turned my attention back to Ethan. "I think we should go cause I see Sam," I told him. He nodded, and we soon started to walk away from where we are. But I don't think we were pretty fast, since Sam was now standing in front of me. He looked pretty angry, and I felt myself become a bit timid. I then moved a little closer towards Ethan, since I feel a lot safer around him. "Oh look who it is," Sam started. "The little innocent girl with the hero who saved her."