Chapter 5

Elena's POV

I walked into the school later, finding Ethan at the table where we usually sit at. We've been tutoring for the past couple days, and they were great ones. I did help tutor him, but we mostly talked about things. I learned a lot from him, like how him and his brother play football. He even learned some stuff about me, but we never really got on the subject about Sam, and I hope we never do.

I soon sat in the empty seat next to him, and I looked at him, seeing him smile a little towards me. It's just the way his lips curved, and how his perfect white teeth showed. He always has his cute, charming smile every time I'm with him.

"So, we still working on scientific notation?" he asked me, breaking me away from my thoughts. "Or are we moving onto something else?"

"Uh," I said, trying to bring my focus back onto his question. "We can keep working on it," I told him. "We can work on anything on what your having trouble on, no matter how long it takes." I gave a small smile afterwards, and I saw him do the same.

I soon took out my stuff, which was just a piece of paper, a pencil, and a calculator. I saw him do the same, and I starting giving him some problems do work on. I even went through some with him, since he was having some trouble on a few. I even noticed him staring at me a few times when I explained the problems to him, which made me blush a little, and get this tingly feeling inside me.

***

After a while of helping Ethan, I think it has been getting towards the end of tutoring, since some other people are leaving and how other people are entering the library, who are a bit loud. "Awe, we're done?" I heard Ethan say as I was packing up my stuff. As I looked over towards him, I noticed he had his lips sticking out, like he was a crying baby.

I giggled to myself as I turned away, packing up some more of my stuff. "We tutor almost everyday," I told him with a small laugh. "I think ending a little early won't make you miss me any longer."

I heard him chuckle and say, "I know." Once both of us were finishing up packing our stuff, Ms. Johnson had shown up to our table.

"Hey guys," she said, bringing our eyes up to hers. "If you find the library being a little noisy, you guys could always tutor at other places you'd like, like over each other's houses maybe," she explained. "It's just the school's having other programs in here, and I think it might disturb you guys and everyone else."

"Okay, thank you," Ethan nodded, and I nodded also. Ms. Johnson smiled over at us, and soon headed to another table. Ethan and I soon started to head out of the library with our bags over our shoulders, and we were walking down the school hallway to get to our rides.

"So over each other's houses, huh?" I heard Ethan say, and I saw him a smirk as I looked over at him. I blushed, looking away.

"I guess so, if that's where you'd wanna tutor," I replied.

"It's fine by me," he said. It was soon quiet between us for a few moments, until I heard him ask, "So you have a boyfriend right? Sam?"

I froze inside, since he's asking me about my love life. But why would he be wondering about if I have a boyfriend? He seems to be like the type of guy who wouldn't care about the answer, but it seems like he actually wants to know. But I still wonder why...?

"Um..." I started. I hate talking about Sam to other people honestly, cause I have no idea what they could ask me about him, and I could accidentally slip out what he does to me. "Yeah, Sam's his name," I said with a nervous smile.

"He's something," he chuckled, and I giggled a little.

"Yeah, sorry about that the other day," I told him, looking away. "He's just... Tough when I'm around other people. Takes things the wrong way sometimes..."

"It's fine, really," he laughed, and I smiled since he doesn't seem emotional about that day. "At least he shows that he cares a lot about you on the way he acted like that in front of me, unlike many of the other guys in this school."

"True, true," I nodded. But he may care for me a little too much... "But enough about my love life, what about you?" I asked him, and I saw him look over towards me. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"No," I heard chuckle a little, and I saw him look a bit shy about it. "Well, not at the moment."

"Ooh, so you have your eyes on someone?" I smirked, and he laughed once our eyes met. But I kinda regret asking him this question because of what he would reposed with...

"Maybe, well... Not really, sorta," he replied, and I laughed at him. "I don't really know actually. I've had a few girlfriends before, but they never really worked out," he explained. "I just haven't found the right one, ya know?"

"I see," I giggled, and he nodded with a smile. Soon enough, we had both ended up at the entrance of the school to get picked up. As we did, a jeep had zoomed right in front of us, which caused Ethan and I to stop dead in our tracks. There was a girl who looked a bit my age, but a little bit older in the drivers seat. Ethan's brother Grayson was also in the passengers seat, and they both looked at us.

"Hop in buddy," Grayson said towards Ethan. "Oh, hey Elena," he smiled towards me. I smiled a little towards him with a wave, and said a 'hey' back at him.

Ethan was starting to walk towards the back car door, and he looked back at me before opening it. "Want a ride?" he asked me.

"Nah, I'm good," I said towards him.

"You sure?" he asked with a smirk.

"Yes," I giggled. "My rides on its way here."

"Alright," he nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow," he replied with a smile as he was getting in the back seat of the jeep. I waved towards him as the jeep was pulling away, and I sat down on the steps waiting for my mom to pick me up, which probably won't be for a while. It's probably about 3:30 right now, so I'll probably have to wait almost another half hour or more to wait for her to get out of work. Maybe I should have taken that ride from Ethan...

I just can't have Sam knowing I'm spending a lot of time with Ethan with this tutoring thing. I really like it since I'm getting closer with Ethan, but I can't have Sam know it's him whom I'm tutoring, knowing the last time he caught me talking to him the other day. But I actually do like spending this time with Ethan, and how we know more about each other each and every day. The more I know about him, the more we'd be closer with each other.