88. (The Final Chapter)

Bri.

1 year later

I sat on the beach watching Chris play with the kids. He tossed Tristan in the air while Royalty, Reign and Aden ran in the water.

I just smiled.

We were in Australia, having a nice family vacation.

I've never been so happy in my life, even after almost dying. Being in a coma for 6 months, then finally waking up and being in the hospital for 4 more months until I was fully healed.

The whole time I laid in that bed I just thought about my babies and Chris and how I just cannot give up because of them. There were days when I was so tired I just wanted to fall asleep and never wake back up but then their faces popped up in my head.

So I fought as hard as I could and now I'm better than ever.

Being on my death bed calmed me down a little bit. I'm so grateful to be alive I don't think I'll ever put myself in another situation to be taken away from my family.

The guys that shot me were all caught thanks to the cameras where we had our reception. So that's one less thing for us to worry about.

I still have times where I have flashbacks of that gun being pointed at me. Chris was in front of him but he moved the pistol over his shoulder and shot at me while I was walking over there.

I wanted to run but it was just like my body froze.

That was supposed to be the best day ever but ended up being the worst.

"Mommy, come get in the water!" Reign yelled.

I stood up and started walking over to the water. Aden ran to me and I picked him up.

"Mommys big boy!"

"I love you mommy." He said.

"I love you too." I kissed his cheek.

"Daddy can we go further in the water?" Royalty asked.

"No Ro." Chris said.

"You're a boring dad." I said while walking over to him. He pulled me closer and kissed me.

"I'm a cautious dad. I can't have my baby getting washed up by a wave."

"Whatever." I kissed him again.

Aden climbed off of me and ran over to his sisters.

"How you feeling?" Chris asked.

"Amazing."

"I'm glad to hear that." He kissed me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him.

"I'm good, I'm just grateful to have my family together. I thought I'd never be able to do this again."

"I wasn't going anywhere."

"I know you weren't."

"You know we never got to go on a honeymoon." I said.

"I got something up my sleeve, don't worry."