A Strange Idea

Sony grudgingly walked down the stairs of her house into the kitchen. She seated herself on one of the chairs, her mother noticed the dark circles below her eyes and frowned at the girl's state. The woman walked over to her and patted Sony's shoulder.

"Sweetie, you look like you didn't get a wink of sleep." Sony let out a sigh.

"Yeah, I just had a lot on my mind . . . hey mom."

Her mother turned to look back at Sony, waiting for what she was going to say. Sony nervously scratched the back of her head. Wait, she couldn't possibly tell her mom about her new admirers! Especially her dad, he looked like he had a heart-attack when Vincent, Paul, and 'Bomb Loan' came to her doorstep. Also, they weren't ordinary teenagers, they were gangsters andmafioso.

"Well, um, you see . . ." Her mother continued to look at her with eyes blinking, she started to sweat. But an idea soon came into her head.

"There are these six dogs! And they all want one chewy toy, but there's only one. S-So, how are you suppose to decide who gets the chewy toy?"

Great idea Sony. She had to stop from hitting herself at the horrible example.

Her mother let out a gasp, raising her hands to her mouth.

"Are you being courted by six boys Sony? !"

"W-What? !"
How did her mom figure it out so fast? She's usually a complete airhead!

Sony raised her hands up immediately and began to wave them.

"N-N-No! They're dogs mom! Dogs!" Her mother frowned at Sony's reaction and folded her arms.

"Oh, alright. Sorry I just got off-track. Anyway, so six dogs want one toy and you can't decide who should get the toy."

Sony nervously nodded. Her mom let out a hum while tapping her chin.

"Well, it's hard with this situation because the dogs might attack each-other for the toy."

Sony gulped at that.

"Another difficult thing about this situation is that the toy doesn't have feelings. So, the best answer for this is to decide which dog would treat the toy the best and keep it in the best condition. Because it wouldn't be good if the toy got damaged with a mean dog if it could have survived longer with a nicer dog."

"You mean which one would treat me the best?"

Sony's mom eyebrow quirked at her daughter.

"Me?"

Her eyes widened at her mistake. Sony quickly stood up and picked up her backpack while letting out a nervous laugh.

"Me? Did I say me? I meant it! Sorry mom, still pretty tired! Hahaha, better get to school!"

She then spirited out of the room and out of her house while slamming the door shut. Her mother continued to stare at where her daughter was sitting, and a small smile came on her face. At least Sony isn't alone anymore.

Sony was still heaving and had her back to the house's door. That was close, her mom nearly caught on to what she was saying. Sony let out a sigh and started to walk down the streets to her school. While walking down the road, from the corner down came Paul also walking to school. Both of their eyes meet but at the same time, Paul was the first react by blushing and turning his head to the side.

"G-Good morning." Sony nodded a little towards him.

"Um, good morning?"

There was a small silence between the two, but it was soon broken by a loud voice and steps coming down the street.