A New Friend . . .

Sony rested in her bed, very intent to spend her Saturday sleeping in. She still had memories from Jagger almost killing her, the menacing man even visited her nightmares. Sony groaned and rolled around in her bed. The sun was up and beaming in her face, she glared at the glowing sphere. The one day she actually needs to sleep in and the sun is in her fricken' face.

Sony pleaded that god would let her sleep-in this one day.

But her pray was unanswered as the door to her room was kicked open by her parents.

“Sony~! We're going to have family day so get out of bed~!” Her father sang out, both adults sent her once last smile and air kiss before slamming the door closed making a picture from her wall and herself cringe.

“ . . . Thanks Jesus, you really bitch-slapped me this time.”

The girl threw off her covers and went to take a shower. When she was done with all her morning routines, Sony walked downstairs to see her mother making last touches of her make-up and father waiting on the side for the women to be ready to go.

Sony knew how it was almost every-time her family went out. After her mother was done with her make-up she might decide to change her clothing and bomb question to her daughter about which one looked better. Sony's father was patient and would wait as long as it takes for the female to be done. Then the two would go out, making sure the dog was outside and turn on home security. Hey, in their neighborhood it was mandatory to have one if you didn't want to get robbed/mugged/kidnapped/ any other thing that could happen with someone intruding your home. In the car the family would converse, well, the parents would happily converse to each other while Sony was plugged into her music occasionally asking the girl on whatever they were talking about. Sometimes her mom would turn around to face and coo on how much she was 'lucky' to have such a 'smart', 'beautiful', 'behaved' daughter. Sony would merely nod at her words, not really believing in them.

Finally it would all lead them to be sitting in a restaurant at the mall waiting for the waiter to take their order. Sony frowned at all the food on the menu and put it down.

“Hey, Mom, Dad. Is it okay if I just go get something in the food-court.” The father nodded at his daughter.

“Fine with me, we'll call you when we're done.” Her mother happily and enthusiastically waved to her daughter.

“Don't talk to strangers! And do you have your pepper spray?”

“Um, no, but I got the pocket knife.”

“That's my girl! Shop around if you want to!”

Sony left her parents and walked through the mall to the food-court, making sure to avoid all frightening people and keeping in front of the view of security cameras.

It's not like the girl didn't like to be with her parents, being with the two people just made the girl uncomfortable. They both were so happy, talking with each-other, cooing on past love memories. All of it made Sony feel out of place, her parents were practically the perfect couple. Sony's father was in the army when he went to Washington D.C he met Sony's mother, they always tell the girl it was true love. Also, when the parents would tell the daughter of their school lives, it was all popularity and parties. Such an opposite from their plan, unsociable daughter.

“Angelica! Miss Angelica! Where did you go!” Sony turned her head, she had her mouth right on a corn-dog when out of nowhere a girl tackles Sony behind a table. The girl was hunched over as she started to chock on her food. When Sony was able to swallow the food she turned around, intent to yell at the girl when the person suddenly turned and covered her mouth with her hand.