Vincent's Past

Most people would think that Sony was the first person Vincent graced with a smile. But, there was someone, well, something else he used to smile at.

Ever since the boy was little, his parents, looming over him would always say . . .

"You're apart of the mob, don't let anything step over you or give weakness."

And the little boy lived by that rule. Vincent grew up in solitude, many adults would give the boy strange looks, since he always would go with a slight frown on his face. Even other gangsters would nervously glance at the boy, thinking that even a mobster that young shouldn't look so . . . cold.

One day small seven year old Vincent was laying down in his bed, occasionally looking at the clock to check if it's his bed time yet. He was surprised to hear the door to his room open, he turned his head around and saw his parents home early at the entrance. The little boy sits up on his bed, patiently waiting to hear what his parents wanted from him. It was then that his father takes his arms from behind him and shows the little boy a small puppy, the white Maltese eagerly wags it's tail while trying to get out of the man's grip and onto the ground. Vincent blinks at the animal and then looks back up at his parents, waiting for them to give him an explanation for the dog. His father finally releases the puppy and puts it on the ground, it immediately rushes up to Vincent pouncing on his legs while barking.

"A pet, take good care of it." That was it, the parents then leave his room closing the door. Vincent was very confused, take care of it? How does he take care of an animal? He only learned how to kill things, not how to keep them living. Also, why would his parents give him an animal, there was no lesson to learn on being a gangster by taking care of a puppy.

The dog was now whimpering, wanting attention for it's owner. Vincent continues to stare at the dog, before slowly putting his hand down, the dog immediately responds by licking the boys hand. Vincent's mouth twitched before picking up the puppy and setting it on his lap to pet, a smile appears on his face. It was,fun. He would have to thank his parents later for the puppy. Even though he still didn't know why they would give him it, was it his birthday? No, they never celebrated his birthday. Christmas?

It's not snowing outside yet . . .

Vincent then pushes his thoughts out and goes to pet the puppy again, now on it's stomach as the Maltese starts rolling around.

oO0OoO0Oo

"What's it's name?" Vincent blinks at his friend next to him.

"Name?" The brunette rolls his eyes.

"You're suppose to name the dog! Stuupppid!" 'Bomb Loan' says while sticking out his tongue. Vincent frowns while still playing tug-of-war with the puppy. You name dogs? He never really learned that much in life, but now that he thinks about it. Sometimes he would see other kids his age playing with dogs and call them ridicules names such as, PhuPhu, Spot, Boxer.

He thought they were insulting the animals . . .

"What do you think I should name him?" 'Bomb Loan' blinks at the fellow gangster.

"Him? Vincent its a girl."

What? Vincent looks down at the dog than back to the younger four year old.

"How do you know?" 'Bomb Loan' than points to the dogs stomach.

"It doesn't have a noodle."

This confused Vincent even more, the dog was a girl?

" . . . Girls don't have noodles?" 'Bomb Loan' nods at Vincent.

"Yeah, I tried to ask other people why. But they just walk away." The little boy grumbled while folding his arms. Vincent continues to blink at the dog.