Paul's Past

It was a casual day for the Whitefield family, two twins sat across from each-other. While the mother and father talked to each-other about how their day went. The boy a small, chubby, curly red-head with circular glasses picked at his food. His curly, ginger sister across from him flicked food using her spoon with a bored expression while chewing on some gum. Her brother finally got annoyed by the food that was hitting his face and slammed down on the table.

"Celestina! Stop throwing food at me!" His sister sneered at his abrupt yell and looks him up and down.

"Shut up fatso, I'm just giving you my food. Since you've practically been shoving the food down your throat." Paul finally went to his last resort and turned to his mother.

"Mom! Celestina is throwing food at me!" His mother looked up from her conversation and frowns at the girl.

"Celestina, stop picking on your brother." Celestina sneers again and points to her brother from across the table.

"It's not my fault the fatso is being a brat today 'cause he got rejected by Sony!"

Paul's face blushes a dark red at his sister's exclamation. Yes, the small fifth grader did confess his crush to Sony. Unfortunately, it didn't end up like how it does on television. The wavy haired brunette looked any where except Paul and ran off saying 'sorry'. There was a small nagging in the back of his head that the girl wouldn't feel the same. The girl only spoke to him when she came over and asked where certain items in the house were.

Paul's mother gasps and pats her son's shoulder.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry. You shouldn't be so upset though, there are many other girls." Celestina snorts at her mother's comforting words and continues to pick at her food.

"Yeah right, girls wouldn't even want him if he was the last guy on earth." This time it was their father that frowned at his daughter.

"Celestina don't say those kinds of things to your brother. And finish your food, you have barely ate for days." The ginger rolls her eyes at her dad while still playing with her food.

"Dad, the girls around me are, like, two pounds lighter than me. Besides, if I didn't control my weight I would end up like Paul." The twin brother couldn't take his sister's criticism, he jumps from the table and runs up the stairs to his room, ignoring his mother and father's calls. Paul immediately goes to his bed and hides under his covers before crying. He is not overweight! He just isn't as slim as the other kids his age, and besides, his dad says he'll get slimmer before he gets into high school. Paul peeks his head out from the covers and looks to his nightstand and pulls out a comic before retreating back under the covers to read the book. The boy always takes out a comic to read so he can forget about things that are aching in his mind.

It was then that the door to his room opened, and before the red-head could put away the comic, the intruder to his room flipped up his bed covers and swiped the book out of his hands.

Celestina sneers at the comic and holds it with two fingers as if the paper was toxic. She then directs her look to Paul who looks anywhere except his sister.

"Again, this is why Sony rejected you Paul. You're fat, you have nerdy glasses, you read these stupid comics, and instead of being in sports you get good grades. Face it Paul, no girl would like you. Besides-," She raises her nose to the air while tossing the comic to another side of the room, "-Sony's actually pretty weird, the girls and I are thinking about getting her away from us. The girl let's everyone trample over her and all she does is cry over it. Little frea-."

"Sony's not a freak!" Celestina's eyes widen as she looks down to her bother. The small boy had his fists clenched while his mouth was pressed to a straight line. His sister continued to stare down at Paul before rolling her eyes and walking to the exit of his room.