Chapter 34 "Lost"

Chapter 34

*SANTANA MILLER*

“Happy Birthday!!!” Carmen made a high pitched squeal and hugged me while I am still on my bed.

“OW!” I yelped in pain as hey elbow hit my stomach.

“Ops….sorry.” she said.

I grimaced. “Carmen, what are you doing so early?” I complained.

She raised her eyebrow. “No…don’t, please don’t…” she said it dramatically.

“What?”

“Don’t tell me you forgot your own birthday?”

I looked at her, comprehending the words that just came out from her mouth. Birthday?

“Oh.” Is all I can say.

Carmen slapped me on the shoulder. “Silly, how could you forget your own birthday?”

“Carmen…do we really have to make this an issue?” she nodded. “Whatever.” I said and rolled my eyes. I covered my face with my pillow to try to sleep again, if I still can.

But Carmen…as stubborn as she is pulled out the covers that made me falls from the bed.  It made a loud thud. “OW!” Again, I yelped in pain.

“Sorry.” She made a puppy dog look. “You guys can come in now.” She shouted at the door.

The door opened and all of them are wearing party hats. Amber and Josephine are blowing some toy trumpets. Craig was holding the huge cake, two layers to be exact. I saw Carleigh at the far back and she just smiled at me.

“Happy Birthday to you…happy birthday to you…happy birthday happy birthday happy birthday to you.” The all sang in unison.

“Aww… thank you guys, you shouldn’t have bothered.” I said. This is actually the first time that I got a surprise party. And I didn’t expect that I would be so touch.

“Make a wish.” Mario said and everybody agrees.

I closed my eyes and then blow the candles. They all made applause and greeted me again.

“Thank you guys…” I said.

“So what was your wish?” Damian asked.

“I wished…” that Brian will remember me again. I didn’t say it out loud. “I shouldn’t say it. It might not come true.” I said and stuck my tongue out at them. They chuckled.

“Goodbye sixteen, hello seventeen.” Carmen said.

“So here’s my gift for you.” Craig said.

I opened my mouth slightly. “You didn’t have to Craig.”

“Puh-lease…it’s the least that I can do.” He said and gave me a small black box.

“Gosh…it’s a wedding ring.” Josephine teased.

I rolled my eyes at her and she giggled. I made a little gasp when I saw Craig’s gift. It was a Bvlgari necklace with a snowflake as its pendant. It was beautiful… I am not a fan of jewelries but I know this brand because my mom has a set of these from Bret.

“Wow.” I said not leaving my eyes at the shinning shimmering jewelry.

Craig chuckled. “Glad you like it.” He said.

“Show off.” I heard Carmen and they all laughed.

“Pretty…” Amber commented.

“Let me have this privilege to put that on you.” Craig said and made some curtsy. He handed the cake to Mario and went to my back. I gave him the necklace and he out it on.