Chapter 20

Edited by Brianna Pollard :)

since i'm uploading my stories once a week, I think I should include a recap. so here it is ♥

RECAP:

Brian and Santana finally said their feelings for eachother and now they are together. They didn't tell anyone first, but Carmen can see something between the two of them. But there are still some stuff that they need to face, like talking to Craig.

(I hope that refresh your memory ♥)

Chapter 20

*SANTANA MILLER*

Since Brian knows my secret, he has been so careful around me… but most of the time… teases me. He likes the fact that I thought of him as gorgeous. But we still can’t tell anyone that we are officially in a romantic relationship. And we still have to talk to Craig. I kind of miss him, I haven’t seen him in days now.

“Where’s Craig?” I asked Bret during breakfast.

“He’s busy at the office… I think. I don’t know what happened to that kid. He seems working a lot these days.” He said.

“Does he have a day off?” I asked, trying to find a way to talk to Craig.

“Yeah, he does. Oh yeah it’s today. Why do you ask?”

“Uh… I just have … something for him.” I said.

“Oh… so can you give this to him?” He put a box in the table and it looks like a present.

“Is there any occasion that I don’t know about? This sure looks like a present.” I said.

“Yeah, it’s his birthday.” Bret said.

“Really?” I almost exclaim.

He shrugged his shoulders. I wonder why Craig and Bret don’t act like father and son. Bret didn’t even introduce Craig as his son. Or I was just kept on fainting while they were trying to introduce themselves?

“Are you going to see Craig today?”

“Yeah totally, especially now that I know it’s his birthday.” I said.

“So can you give that to him?” He said referring at the box.

“Why don’t you give it to him yourself?” I asked eyeing him; I want to see how he would react. He looks at me. “He’s your son too, right?”

He narrows his eyes on me, and then he sighs. “Yes, he is. But I don’t have time for this. And I’m sure Craig has plans today on his own.” He said. But I can see sadness in his eyes… or so I thought I saw.

“You don’t have time for his birthday? Liar.” I said and he raise his eyebrows at me, but he didn’t talk so I took the chance. “For a very busy man, you had spare time to buy for that gift and you tell me that you don’t have time for him? A father that buys gift for his twenty-two year old son has time. Be real Bret.” I said confidently, but deep inside I am nervous. I have never talk to Bret like this before so I don’t know how he would react.

His expression softens and then he smirked. “So you talk like your mother does, huh.”

I grimace. “What do you mean?”

“Do you know how I fell in love with her?” he asks, leaning his elbows on the table.

“How?”

“She’s my secretary and she talks to me like I’m just one of her co-employees. At first I thought she was irritating, but later, I get the hang of her essence and her … talks.” He paused and a small smile appeared on his face. “There was one time that I had a big issue with one of my biggest clients and she was the only one who talks to me normally like nothing happened. I don’t know why she did that even thought the atmosphere at that time was so heavy, but she still managed to lighten it up.” He said.