Chapter 17 I Love You

NOOOOO Instead of clicking save I clicked save and publish!!!! well ... here you go... DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!! 

edited by Brianna!!!

Chapter 17

*BRIAN HART*

“BRIAN!” I heard my name echoing in the gym. I searched for the owner of the voice and I saw Carmen running towards me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

She was breathing heavily. Was she searching for me? My team mates stopped practicing and gathered around her. Good thing coach is not yet here.

“What happened Carmen?” Darren asked.

“Santana… she’s….”

“What happen to her?!” I shook her shoulders.

“She was taken to the hospital a little while ago, she was found unconscious in an empty classroom.” She informed me.

“What!?” I exclaimed.

“The teachers found out that the cheerleaders ganged up on her and beat her to pulp. Worst is that they were under the influence of illegal drugs.” She said.

“Where is she now?” I felt the panic starting to fill my system.

“They took her to St. Patrick’s Hospital.”

The next thing I knew, I was running out of the gym towards the parking lot. All I could think of is Santee, this is my entire fault. I hoped she was ok. I open my car door when someone grab my shoulder.

“Boy, you run fast.” She said.

“Carmen? What are you doing?”

“You can’t drive in your condition.” She said.

“What are you talking about, you’re causing me too much delay, I need to be at her side right now!”

“I'm not stopping you!” She yells at me. “I’m going to drive.”

“What?! No way, I’ll drive.

“No Brian, you’re not on your right in mind. You might cause an accident with the state your in.” She insisted.

She was right, my hands and legs were shaking. I agreed and gave her my car keys. I didn’t need to argue with her. All I wanted was to be with Santee.

After what seems like forever, we arrived at the hospital.

“Excuse me, ah… Santana Miller?” I asked on the nurse’s station.

She checked the computer. “Room 305.” She said.

Carmen and I went running towards the elevator. I immediately open the door when I found the room.
I saw Santee’s motionless body. She was breathing slowly. Her bandaged chest went up and down. I went closer to her and held her fragile hands in mine.

Carmen sat on the other side of the room. “Let’s just let her rest for a while.” I nodded in agreement.

“Do you know why they did this to her?” I asked.

“Nope, but I have a wild guess.” I look at her. “I think those girls got jealous of her.” I grimaced, what does she mean by that? “Duh? Don’t you guys know how girls are when they get jealous?”

“What do you mean?”

“Look, you’re popular in school and pretty hot too. She came with you most of the mornings to school... and the worst is the recent event. Craig announced to the whole school that she is officially his girlfriend.” She said.
Now I get what she means.

“Do you really think those girls would do that?”

“Totally, especially when they are on drugs. They might have killed her if someone hadn’t come earlier today too.” She said.
“Where were you when this happen?”

“Santana went to school super early, I was still in bed when she left. You definitely have to buy her a cell phone though.”

“This is my entire fault.” I muttered.

“Did you guys have a fight?” she asked and I jerked my head up to look at her.

“Why, do you think so?”

“Well… Santana…” she was trying to say something. “Told me that…. You guys had some misunderstanding.” She said.

“Well yeah we had.”

There was silence.

*CARMEN*

Seeing Brian how he held Santana’s hands and looked at her like that… it was so obvious. Why can’t they just say it. Why were they stopping their own feeling for each other? They were both stupid for that. Stopping one’s self from loving the other, it's ridiculous.

“Do you love her?” I asked when I can’t fight the urge anymore to ask him why are they doing this nonsense.

He looked at me with mouth slightly open. “What are you talking about?” He asked in denial.

I rolled my eyes. “You are so obvious Mr. Hart. Looking at you now, it’s crystal clear that you love her.”

“What are you talking about?” He asked again without looking at me.

“You are totally in love with her. Not as a sibling, but you love her romantically.” I said.

“You’re just reading it wrong.”

I click my tongue. “Well, it’s your choice if you want to keep on denying your feelings for her.” I said and gave him a smirk.  Santana moved and he quickly went nearer to her and held her hand again.

“cough *obvious* cough.” I tease him and he rolled his eyes.

*BRIAN HART*

Carmen just told me what I really felt for her. I love her. And I’m so stupid for denying it this long.

“Santee?” I said when she moved. Seconds later she opened her eyes.

“Bri… Brian?” Santee asked faintly.

I brushed her hair with my hands.. “I’m sorry.” I whispered and kissed her hand.

“Brian, it’s not your fault.”

“No, it is my fault. If I hadn’t…” I stopped when I notice Carmen was smirking at us. I shot her a leave-us-alone look.

“Okay, I’ll leave the two love birds alone….for a while though. Be sure to really talk to each other and not kiss then fight.” She said.

Santee and I both blushed. What the heck is wrong with this girl?

“Carmen!” Santee said and I chuckled.

Carmen held her hand. “I’m really glad that your okay.” She smiled at Santee and then left me and Santee alone.

“Santee…”

“Brian it’s not your fault.” She told me again.

I sigh and lean my forehead on her hands. “I’m just sorry…for what happen last night.

*SANTANA MILLER*

Brian held my hand and was saying sorry for what happen last night.

“What about last night?” I said and press my lips. I want him to be specific.

He looks at me with a wrinkled forehead. “For… ah… doing that to you.” He said stammering and I mentally chuckle.

“What was that?” I said.

He exhales. “Is this your punishment?”

I shrugged my shoulders and took away my hands from him. There was silence.

“Santee, I’m sorry for… kissing you like that.” I looked at him and he had his serious face. “I know I was harsh and sorry for all the things that I said, I was just… mad at myself. And I’m was a big asshole.” He said.

“Well, about what you said last night… was that all true?” I asked and now our eyes made contact.
He just stared at me. I’m waited impatiently. “It’s just a simple question Brian. It’d either yes or no.” I said firmly. I don’t know where I found the courage to ask him that.

He swallowed something.” Ahh… yes.” He said.

I am stunned. I mean I want his answer but I never thought that I wouldn’t expect that he would actually say yes.

“A-and… what do you mean… about what.. y-you said?” Darn, I’m so nervous that I can’t even speak normally.

He’s not moving and he’s just staring at me. My body hurts from bruises but my heart is beating faster than the speeding bullet… I’m exaggerating.. but that’s how I’m feeling right now. There’s a countdown going on my mind. Three, two, one.

“I love you.” He suddenly said.

Those words made my heart skip a beat… not just one but maybe three beats. I blink my eyes three times. I’m trying to calm my speeding heart; it could burst out of my chest any second...

“What?” I whispered.

“All I said last night… it means I love you.”

The second time I heard those words I fell silent, asking myself if I heard it right? Or did he just say that? Am I still asleep?

“Santee?” Brian called and his voice made me snap back into reality.

I gasp. “Oh my gosh this is true?”

He chuckled. “So what is your response?”

“Huh?” Is all that came out from my mouth.

“Huh? That’s all you can say after what I said?”

“I-I don’t know what to say.” I honestly said.

“Well, let’s start with... how you feel about me?”

“Uhh… me?" My heart was beating even faster. “I… you make… me feel dizzy.” I said.

Now that I said that, he’s really bright in my eyes. He’s pretty face that looked so confused, worried, and anxious all at the same time… I couldn't help it... I passed out.

************************

VOTE and COMMENT!!!