Chapter 22

Edited by Brianna Pollard :)

Chapter 22

*Santana*

This is insane! It’s happening again. The party is on! I’m gonna die! I went through the bunch of people and went outside. Brian promised that he would not let go of me, but where is he now? He’s there at the dance floor moving his ass. What a show off. Carmen on the other hand is making some progress with her investigation. She told me about Criselda. She’s actually an orphan and she was a scholar at the Victorian Academy. I wanted to know more.

This is going crazy. I couldn’t think clearly because the music is so loud. How could Bret agree to this?! I was walking to the drive way when a car parked in front of me.

“Craig?” I said in grimace.

He waved his hands and got out of the car. “Hey, long time no see.”

I roll my eyes, he was just here yesterday. “What are you doing here?”

“Well… pops told me to keep an eye on you guys. You might wreck the whole place without an adult in here.” he said while smirking.

I shook my head and chuckled. “Yeah right.”

He chuckled too. “So what are you doing in here? I mean outside?”

“Well…. I don’t really like the loud noise in there. And it’s suffocating me.” I said, more like complained.

“Where’s Brian? Isn’t he supposed to be with you?”

“He got stuck on the dance floor.” I said.

“Oh… that runs in the blood honey.” He said and patted my head.

“Watch it! Don’t mess up my hair.” He laughed while I untied the knots that he made. That made me thinks, does Craig know anything about Criselda? “Ammm… Craig, I want to ask you something.”

“What is it?” he asked. People are going in and out around us, they might hear our conversation.

“Can we… like go somewhere private?” I pleaded.

He grimaces but nods. We walked to the nearby park where it is much more peaceful than at the house. I sat in one of the swings and Craig did to.

“So what do you want to talk about? It seems like serious.” He said.

“I was wondering if you know someone named …. Criselda?” I said. Craig looks like he is taken aback when I mentioned her name. That means he knows.

“Oh…. I… no… I don’t.” he said and avoided my eyes. I punch his shoulder. “OW!”

“You liar! It’s so obvious Craig; you know something… now tell me.” I demanded. I have never demanded like this before.

He sighed. “Brian should tell you this himself.”

“But he’s not. Damian said the same thing too.”

He jerked his head back to me. “Damian? What did he do to you?” he said, panicking.

I narrow my eyes at him. “Okay, now I take it back, you just don’t know about something…. You know it don’t you?”

He swallows a lump. “No… he’s just a dangerous guy. Don’t ever talk to him again.”

“Why not? What did he do to you guys?” I ask.

I’m confused. I understand why Brian is protective because as what Carmen said, Damian took Criselda away from him…. but Craig? Well yeah we had a thing before but his approach is much more different, like it’s really a dangerous thing for me to do. He looked at me. Gosh here we go again, his pretty face is blinding my eyes with so much brightness. I avoided his gaze and look at the ground. There, much better. I said to myself.