chapter 5 "She's my Sister"

Chapter 5

*SANTANA MILLER*

“Ow.” This sucks! My head hurts; I’m having a severe hangover. I looked around. ‘This isn’t my room.’ I thought. I try to move but something heavy prevented me from standing up. That’s when I notice that someone is actually with me.

“Brian?” I mutter not moving my eyes away from his face. What the heck is he doing here? I immediately checked myself and felt relief that I’m still wearing my clothes from last night. His arms are wrapped around my waist that made my head leaned on his chest.

I tried to remember what happened last night. People were dancing. Mario, Jesse and Declan gave me shots that made me drunk. I saw Craig making out with some blonde. He tried to say something to me but Brian grabbed me. He took me to his room… CRAP! Memories from last night came flooding into my mind. I actually told him that some crappy bull…sharks. I told him that he’s pretty and that he makes me sick and…. I gasp as I remember myself kissing him. I’m so stupid!

I looked at Brian’s sleeping figure, he is so peaceful. His eyelashes are pretty long and his nose is perfectly shaped. Now I’m starting to feel sick looking at him. Gosh, why does he look so beautiful even when he is sleeping? I pushed his arms away from me and my other hand is on my mouth. My sudden push woke him up.

“What the…” he said and his eyes are locked to mine. “Crap, Santee what are you doing up  early in the morning?”
I ignored him and ran to the bathroom and puked.
Brian followed me looking worried.

“Are you alright?” he ask while patting my back and holding my hair for me. “Why are you always vomiting?”

“I don’t know either.” I lied. I feel so awkward being with him, after what I did to him, it’s just so embarrassing.
I shove him off and ran. I manage to pass all the drunk people that passed out on the hallway. I closed the door behind me and I’m panting. Seriously… I need some major exercise. I brushed my hair with my hands and drop myself in the bed. I don’t feel so good today.
“Ahhh!” I scream at my pillow. Why can’t I just disappear?

“Santee.” Brian said. He’s at the door. “Let’s talk.” His voice is low.

“I don’t want to, just go away!”

“We have to talk about what happened last night.” He insisted.

“Brian, why are you so stubborn? Nothing happened so there is nothing to talk about!”

“You’re acting like a brat…”

“Just go away!” I yelled at him.
There was a brief silence. 

“Fine! I’ll leave you alone… for now.” He said and left.

My head hurts, my heart is pounding hard and I’m confused. I wish I was just a normal girl that can communicate with beautiful people normally. Why did I even kiss him!

“Gooodness Santana, he is your step-brother for Pete’s sake!” I yelled at myself in my mind.

*BRIAN HART*

I walk back to my room, I didn’t notice all the people that are here at first when I followed Santee. I brushed my hair with my hands and sat on the edge of my bed. Thinking about what she did last night caught me off guard. I mean… I know that she’s drunk but… I didn’t know that she can flirt like that. A small smile appeared in my face. She’s so sexy when she whispered into my ear.
I went to the bathroom and took a shower. Then afterwards, I went downstairs to sees Craig was in the kitchen drinking coffee.

“How is she?” Craig asked.

“She freaked out when she saw me beside her.” I said and slightly chuckled remembering her face.

Craig almost choked. “What? You slept with her?!” He said with a higher tone in his voice.

I raised my eyebrow. “We didn’t do anything, I just… I mean she fell asleep first before me.” I said shrugging my shoulders and grab my own mug.

“Oh, so you didn’t hook up with her?” He said eyeing on me.

I faked a laugh. “Why would I do that? She’s my sister, remember?”

“Step-sister, remember?”

I looked at him. “What are you trying to imply?” I asked confused.

He shrugged his shoulders. “I’m just saying…”

I hissed. “Please, don’t even bother saying that I can be with her, because we’re not really related except for the papers. I mean… have you seen her before? She was like a total loser back then."

“Yeah, I was at the wedding remember?”

“Oh yeah, I almost forgot, she was like an ugly duckling with those huge glasses and oversized clothes, good thing I persuaded her mom to buy her new clothes. “ I said and chuckled.

“I was kind of disappointed when I met her at the restaurant and the weird part is the… she fainted.”  Craig now laughed with me.

*SANTANA MILLER*

I took a shower and decided to go down and help them clean up. Even though I feel awkward to see Brian right now, I still think that I should help. I stopped at the kitchen and I heard voices, Brian and Craig are talking…. About me? To my surprise they are talking about how I was, how ugly I looked like and how he was disappointed seeing me as his new sister. Hearing all those words, tears starts to fall from my cheeks.
Normally I wouldn’t be so affected when people talk to me like that; I hate myself for being so infected by those words that came out from Brian. Why? Why do I feel so hurt? Tears continued to run down my face when I didn’t notice that Craig and Brian are both looking at me. Shock and ‘shit!’ are written all over their faces.

“H-how long have you been there?” Craig manages to ask. Stupid Craig!
I pressed my lip to prevent more tears to come, but seeing Brian doing nothing, I failed.

“Santee…” he said and tried to reach for my hands when my body moved away from him.

I ran outside the house, tears are making my vision blur. All I can think of right now is to get away from that house… To get away from him. I don’t know where to go but my feet led me to a little coffee house that has a gingerbread house design. I wiped my tears and sniffed. I searched for some money in my pocket and thank goodness I found a couple of bills.
I went inside the interior is so cute. The tables are like oreos, the floor looked like the floor of biscuits. The chairs are candy cranes.

“Welcome! How may I help you?” An energetic young lady that I think has the same age as me, greeted with a big smile.

“Ah, well coffee?” I’m not really sure what to say, my mind is still processing.
She led me to one of the cute tables.

“Would you like to order something else aside from coffee?” she said.

“Ah, I only have a couple of bills here..” I said pouting.

She chuckled. “You’re so cute! Oh would you mind if I ask you something?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Are you new here?”

“Yeah, I am.” I said smiling at her. She seems nice.

“So are you going to North River high?”

“Yeah, are you going there too?” I ask.

She nodded enthusiastically. “I’m Carmen by the way.”

“I’m Santana, nice to meet you.”

“Carmen, you’re talking too much again.” A lady said at the counter looking like her but older.

Carmen looked at me. “Sorry, my mom is a party pooper.”

“I heard that.” Her mom said and smiled at me.

I chuckled. “Your mom is funny.”

She smiled and turned her heel away from me to take care of my order. I looked around, there not so many customers here. After a while, Carmen came back with my coffee.

“Thanks.” I said.

To my surprise, She sat in front of me. “So how old are you?”

“I’m 16… isn’t your mom going to scold you again if she finds out that your chatting with me?” I said.

“Don’t mind her, I’m 16 too. Maybe we’re going to see each other at school, or if we’re so lucky we could be classmates.” She said.

“That would be so nice.”

“I know right?”

“Are you the only waitress here?” I asked.

“Yup, we haven’t found another waitress; no one seems to notice this place.”

“amm, well can I apply here?” I said. Her eyes widen and stared at me.

“MOM!” She shouted and her mom came quickly. “I have good news for you… I, the amazing Carmen, found a new waitress.” She said dramatically. “Tadaaaa.” She made a shake with her hands that directs at me. “Meet Santana, the new waitress.” I chuckled.

“You want to work here?” her mom asked.

“Yeah sure, I heard that you guys are hiring and I find this place very comforting.” I said.

“Well, you’re hired!” She said. Carmen clapped her hands. I stood up. I can’t believe that I’m hired! I gasped, 'wow'. “I’m Melissa, just Mel for short.” She said.

“Yay! I have a new friend.” Carmen said and hugged me tightly.

“Ow.” I said.

“Ooo, sorry, I’m just a little excited.

“So much for the celebration guys, so Santana? Can you start tomorrow?” Mel asked.

“Tomorrow? Sure!” I exclaimed.

We talked about my salary and it’s good for me. Since Both Carmen and I are going to school next week, we have to work 4 pm until 9 pm and my day off is Sundays. The schedule is fine with me, it can make my mind off Brian and Craig. If I will have less time at the house, it will be much better.

“Bye, see you tomorrow.” Carmen said.

“Bye!”

I walked my way home, not knowing where to go. I’m lost! I decided to go back to the shop and ask for directions but I lost track of the road. Now I’m starting to freak out. Where the heck am I? I followed the road trying to remember where I came from and then I notice that the streets are already dark. The street light above me is flickering, I think it’s broken. No one seems to be around. I started to feel something, a cold wind brush off my hair. I swallowed the lump on the throat and looked from my left and right. I feel like I’m in a horror film. I hate horror and I hate myself for thinking about horror movies. I walked faster. My heart is beating fast and I’m sweating… when someone pats my shoulders.
It made me jump and scream. I started to run. I’m in the middle of nowhere and someone is following me. Oh my god, I’m in trouble! Help! I need help. Why do these things happen to me?

“Santana stop!” I stopped and I'm already breathing heavily. I looked back and I saw Craig. “Oh my goodness, why did you run?”

“You scared the crap out of me!” I said, he is 2 feet away from me.

“Brian and I we’re trying to find you for hours. Where have you been?” He said and came closer to me.

“I don’t care, I can handle myself.”

“Santana, please just come home.” He begged. “I know that you heard everything, that’s why you ran away. We we’re just having a… guys talk?”

“It sounds like you’re not even sure about it.” I said. Looking at him makes me sick. My knees got weak and I nearly dropped my butt on the ground but Craig caught me on time.

“Are you alright? You looked pale?”

“I’m fine.” I said and shove his arms away from me but my knees are still weak.

“Seriously, what’s wrong with you?” He said looking at me with a worried look.

After looking at his face for like a split second… I passed out.

*********************************

Honestly I'm having a hard time with Craig and Brian... hahaha I'm like Santana but unlike her I'm not allergic to hotties nor hate them... hahaha

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT okay?? I need to constantly know what you guys think about my story.

BTW!!!! thank you for those people who added my story in their libraries!! and thanks you in advance for those who are planning to... hahaha

NOTE:

I'm happy with all the feedbacks so keep it coming okay?? and I want to put some photos in here, but I don't know how to edit pics and I can't chose any celebs to cast in this story. Do you have any suggestions? hehe and if anyone of you can make photos, I will appreciate it so much!! hahaha you can add "Created  by ______" so you can have a cedit. Thank you!! I love you all!!!

 BY THE WAY I now have an editor her name is Brianna also known as nitedreamer. hahaha