Chapter 24 "The Truth"

Chapter 24

*Santana Miller*

Carmen and I walks out from the orphanage with more questions in our head. Criselda was very secretive and obviously… doesn’t have any friends aside from Brian and Damian. I thought I was the only one who doesn’t have any friend, until Carmen comes in. I look at her, she’s thinking about it too. Now that I am thinking about it, I am actually happy that Carmen became my friend and I can’t help but smile at my thoughts.

“Why are you smiling? It’s creepy you know.” She said with a suspicious look on her face.

I smirk. “Nothing, I was just going through what we have discussed earlier with Sister Bernadeth. That Criselda didn’t have any friend. I was smiling because I feel  blessed to have you as my friend.” I said honestly.

Her mouth slightly opens. “You are so cheesy!” she slaps my shoulder and then hugs me.

“Carmen?”

She’s sniffing. “I’m sorry. I’m just so touched by your compliment. I am also happy to have you as my friend.” She said.

“Awww… thank you.”

“Being your friend has lots of benefits. You have a big house, where we can hang out anytime. You have  gorgeous brothers that I can drool in anytime too.” She said smiling.

“Jerk!” I said and we both laugh.

We drove back to the town when we pass through… Damian’s house.

“We should talk to him directly.” Carmen said.

“But Craig and Brian told me not to get close to him.” I said. “They both said that he’s very dangerous.”

“What?! This mystery is getting on my nerves. Why does everyone say something so confusing?” she whines.

“I don’t know either. But I’m pretty sure that what they are hiding is something big.”

“Why can’t we just talk to him right now?” Carmen insists.

“Are you even listening? They said that it would be very dangerous to talk to him alone.”

“Duh? I’m right here? And besides it their house and his family is well-known so he can’t do anything to us in broad day light and in their house. Plus I have this.” She said and shows me a pepper spray.

I sigh and thought about it for a while. I have Carmen with me and he can’t possibly just do things like killing right?

“Fine.” I said and we both went out of the car and walk straight to their front door.

“Yes?” A butler opens the door.

“Hi… am we were wondering if Damian is in the house… I mean in here… right now?” I said, kind of confuse with what I’m saying.

“I’m sorry about my friend Jerry. We would like to talk to Damian.” Carmen said casually. I look at her with shock. “What? He’s my mom’s friend.”

The guy named Jerry laughs. “Please come in.” Carmen smiles at him.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you know their butler?” I asks her in a whispering manner.

“I was shocked too, you know. I just know how to compose myself faster than you.” She said.

I shake my head.

“Please wait here.” Jerry said and we both sits on the luxurious couch.

We waited for a moment, and then Damian finally arrives.