chapter 9 :)

EDITED BY BRIANNA POLLARD.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT OKAY?? THANKS :)

 Chapter 9

*SANTANA MILLER*

I saw Craig coming in and instinctively I hid under the counter.

“Why are you hiding?” Carmen whispered behind me.

I gasped. “You scared me.” I said and took a deep breath. “I… I don’t feel good…c-can I excuse myself for a while?” I lied.

“S-sure.” Carmen said with a worried face.

I hurriedly went to the back door making sure that one had seen me, especially not Craig. It was already dark outside. Shoot! I forgot that I am afraid of the dark and I’m alone here. Why am I so stupid sometimes? I am standing here alone in the dark. I can’t go back either. I’m just hoping that Craig would leave soon.

But all my hopes shutter when I am still standing there alone in the dark after thirty minutes. What’s taking him so long? I peeked inside, but he’s nowhere in sight… I never saw him go out.

“BOO!”

I literally jumped and screamed with all the voice that I had. My heart skipped a beat when I heard someone laughing behind me.

“Craig?” I said with disbelief.

I punch him. “Ow.” He said.

“You scared the crap out of me, don’t do that ever again, or I swear you’re going to kill me from heart attack.” I said without breathing.

He laughed again. “Sorry, you just look so stupid standing there and look so scared.” He said and wiped his tears from too much laughing.

“You saw me and you just let me stand here?”

“I didn’t know that you were avoiding me.” He said.

“W-why are you here anyways, aren’t you suppose to be inside?”

“So you saw me?”

“I ask you first.” I said.

He sighs and rolled his eyes. “Fine, I saw you going out from the corner of my eyes, you seem like scared when you saw me so I just secretly followed you here.”

“So you’ve been watching me the whole time?” I can’t believe this. He just let me stand here, scared and he didn’t even do anything.

He chuckle. “You just looked so funny, so I just took the chance to see the side of you which is scared. You look cute.” He said with smirk.

“You are such a jerk!” I said and punch him again.

“Ow.” He yelps. “Why are you hiding anyways?”

I fell silent and decided to just tell him the truth. “I… I was afraid that you might see me.”

“Why?”

“Because you might tell them that I’m working here and that would get into my mom’s nerves.”

“Since when have you been working here?” he asks.

“Since the day you guys thought that I’m sick and brought me to the hospital.” I said.

“So Brian was right. You’ve been lying about the study group thing.” He said and cross his arms on his chest.

Why do I feel uncomfortable when I heard Brian’s name?  “Just don’t tell them please.” I said with a calm voice.

“Hmmmmm.”  He’s thinking about it. “fine… on one condition.”