chapter 6 "Sick"

Chapter 6

*CRAIG SANDERS*

I carried Santana back to the car. She fainted; I think this girl is sick. Maybe that’s the reason why she’s cold towards the other people.

“Hey.” I decided to call Brian.

“Did you find her?” he said.

“Yeah, she’s here with me, she fainted.”

“What?!” He exclaimed.

“We will talk about this when we get home.”

He sighed. “Okay.” He said and hung up.

We got home, Brian was waiting in the living room. He quickly went towards us.

“How is she?” he asked looking at Santana and to my surprise took her from my arms.

“Ah… well I don’t know yet.” I said and followed him to her room.

Brian laid her down on her bed and brushed her hair with his hands. I’ve never seen him show this much care to another person. After his mom died, he lost his ability to show concern or even care to others. He became cold. He was so close to his mother, his father is always at work after the death of his mom. We were both shocked to find out that he was going to get married again.

Brian has been my best friend since we were kids, even though I’m older than him, he shows more maturity in terms of handling responsibility. Maybe…. Just maybe, Santana has open up the old Brian that has been sleeping for a long time.

After a while we both went downstairs.

“I think Santana is sick.” I said and he jerked his head facing me.

“What?”

“Look, she always vomits and she feels dizzy every now and then. She also did that on the wedding and as what you have said before, she also fainted because she’s not feeling well, and now it happened again.” I said.

He sighed. “Do… do you think she’s pregnant?”

I shook my head. “I already asked her about that… but she just laughed.” I said.

“So what she said nothing about it?”

“She….” I stopped myself from saying any more details. I almost slipped that I kissed her.

“Then… she what?”

“She… she vomited again.” I said. Actually I was thinking about something else. “I think she has some… illness or disease.”

Brian lowered his head. “I… I think so too.” He said in a low voice.

“Do you think its cancer?” I asked.

“I don’t know.”

We fell silent at the moment, when Brian’s phone rang.

*BRIAN HART*

My phone rang and the caller I.D said its dad.

“Hello?”

“Brian, son, how’s everything in there?” My dad ask sounding so happy. I’ve never heard him this happy after my mom died. I guess he really loves Kris.

“Dad, I think you guys should know something.” I said and released a sigh.

There is silence on the other line. I heard my dad sighed.

“What is it?” he said.

“It’s about Santana…. I… we think that she’s sick dad.”

“Santana? What do you mean?”