Chapter 28 "The Past"

Chapter 28

*BRIAN HART*

I look around. My head hurts…a lot. Where am I? What is this place? Those are the first questions that popped in my hurting head. I saw Craig.

 “Bro… Oh my gosh, you’re awake now…” I heard him say.

I want to say something but no voice came out from my mouth. I saw another person in the room…it’s a girl.

“Craig, call the doctor.” She said and Craig immediately ran out in the room.

 Doctor? Why would he call a doctor? I look around again and I realize that I am at the hospital.

“Brian… please say something.” The girl said and held my hand.

“Ahhh….” I want to say something.

“Please Brian… say something.” She said.

I look at her. Trying to recognize her face but… I haven’t seen her before. But she looked familiar though. “W….wh-----who are you?” I finally said.

I saw her mouth slightly dropped. She looked shock. But before she could answer, tears fell from her eyes. I don’t know why she’s crying… I mean do I know her? But she knows my name and she does know Craig. How come I don’t know her? I want to say something else but Craig came in with the doctor.

*CRAIG SANDERS*

I hurried back to the room bringing the doctor and nurse with me. Brian just woke up, thank God. My little brother is now okay. I open the door and saw Santana… crying. She looks at me with a hurt, scared sad expression on her face.

The doctor came over to Brian and checks all his vital signs. Santana went to the corner of the room. Maybe its tears of joy that Brian finally wakes up.

“He’s fine now… but we will keep him confines for the next couple of days to monitor his condition.” The doctor informed me.

“Thanks doctor.”

“Are you okay bro?” I ask Brian walking near his bed.

“Yeah… I guess.”

“What do you remember about what happened?” The doctor asked.

Brian paused and thought for a while. “I… I was… I had a fight with…my girlfriend.” He said and I look at Santana. She seemed shock and bewildered.

Brian faced me. “Craig where is she… where’s Criselda?” He asked.

I raised my eyebrow. What is he talking about? I look at Santana, now more tears are falling from her eyes. “What are you talking about?”

“We had a fight, then, she left… I was knocked out I guess. How long have I been here?”

I can’t help but go grimace. I turn to the doctor who looks confused with our conversation. He nods like saying to continue the conversation so he would what is happening.

“Brian, what are you talking about? Criselda… she’s dead.” I said slowly.

His eyes widen as if this is the first time that he had heard about what happened. What is happening in here? I can see tears in his eyes now.

“No! No… you’re lying Craig. How can she die? She can’t die… we haven’t even talked yet and reconciled with her. No!!” He said hysterically. He looks really pained.

“Brian…Criselda died two years ago.” I said and with that he stopped moving and stared at me.

“What?!”