Chapter 26 "Accident"

*Santana Miller*

I hurried down the hall, excited to see Carmen. She is going to tell me all the details about what happened with Damian over the weekend. I hope its good news, but I think it is since she sounded squeaky when she called me last night. I look around the cafeteria looking for her.

“Santana!” I heard someone shouted. It’s Carmen.

I literally ran towards her. “Tell me.” I said, more like demand.

“Geez, calm down sistah…” She said with a teasing smile on her face. “Well to start up… All our accusations about Damian are false.” She said.

I roll my eyes. She’s doing this on purpose. “I already know that. Now please just let me live and tell me what actually happened between the two of you.” I said almost begging.

She chuckled. “Okay Okay….” She said raising her hand in the air showing that she surrenders. She took a deep breath. “We got back together.”

I blinked and my jaw just dropped. “Really?” I ask. She nodded and we both made a loud squeal.

“So noisy.” We heard someone said while squealing over very good news.

Carmen and I jerked our heads to the owner of the voice and we saw Mario with a smirk on his face.

“Why are you here?” I ask, annoyed.

“Chill Chika…. Waddup?” He casually asks and sits on our table.

“I don’t really mean to be rude Mario but… we are actually having a girl talk right now.” I said.

“Oh… well just one quick question.” He looks at Carmen. “Do I still have a chance?”

OMG! I totally forgot about Mario and Darren confessing to Carmen. Geez, this girl is a head turner eh…

Carmen looks at me then press her lips together before facing Mario again. “Ahm… actually, Damian and I are together now. I’m so sorry… but I really appreciate it.” She said.

Mario’s shoulders lowered. “Oh… I see. No its fine. I’m glad you actually got back to him… but are you sure?” He asks as if he knows something.

“Yes, we already talked about what happened two years ago… and I know now what to believe and… I believe him.” She said nodded. “Okay, cool. Take care though.” He said and left our table.

“Poor Mario.” I said after a watching him going out the cafeteria.

I heard Carmen sigh. “Yeah, and I have to tell Darren about it too.” I know it’s hard. “By the way, did you and Brian talk about it?”

Now it’s my turn to make a sigh. “I did last night.”

“How did it go?”

“He… didn’t believe me. We actually fought last night.” I confess.

“Sorry.”

“No it’s not your fault. He’s just so stubborn. I already explained to him what happened, but he won’t believe me.”

“So where is he now?” She asks.

“I don’t know… I haven’t seen him this morning.”

Like on cue, my phone rang.

“It’s Craig.” I informed Carmen.

“Where are you?” Craig said before I could say something.

“At school, why?”

“Meet me at the gate.” He said.

I feel nervous. Something is not right. “Craig, what’s wrong?”