Chapter 31 "Apologize"

Chapter 31

*SANTANA MILLER*

I feel so light today, like a huge thorn was out in my chest! I can breathe now. I finally convinced Bret about me and Brian and now it is about me and him and even said some things that I will make him proud. But the big question is… will I ever make him love me again? That thought brought shiver through my spine. I shut it out and put it in the recycle bin of my brain.

I bolted out on my bed feeling so energetic today. I can feel that something good will happen today. I changed into some casual clothes and bring myself at the living room. My eye brow raised when I saw…people in the house. Carmen, Damian, Mario and even Darren are here.

“Hey Santana!” Carmen bolted out of the coach the moment she saw me.

“Hey…” I said with a forced smile. “What’s going on?” I whispered to Carmen.

“Brian called Damian and said that he wants to talk to him. We just got here and things are getting awkward, it’s a good thing you pooped in.” she said.

“And why is Mario and Darren here?” I ask.

She shrugged. “They were here before us.” She said and pressed her lips.

I kind of knew what was going on her mind. She hasn’t told Darren yet. Oh my heart is wrenched just imagining how our sweet little Darren would accept things.

“I think we should live them.” I said and Carmen nodded.

We joined the guys at the living room. I didn’t noticed that Craig was there too when he waved at me.

“Morning Brian…” I said waiting for his response. I failed. He didn’t even look at me, his eyes were focused on Damian. I saw some eyes were shocked at the sudden event. “Well… morning guys…I think we should give them some space.” I said.

“what do you----.” Darren started but cut off by Mario when he elbowed him.

“Yeah sure…let’s go outside…the pool maybe?” Mario suggested.

Carmen and I nodded and Mario grabbed the confused Darren up. Carmen gave a comforting look to Damian before leaving. Craig followed us behind.

When we all got to the cottage at the pool side, Mario, Carmen and I dropped ourselves in the sofa and sighed. Craig just leaned on the one of the bamboo post that is part of the cottage.

“What’s happening with you guys? Also with Brian…. He seems out of it.” Darren asked.

“Ahh… the accident made him forgot all that happened for the last two years.” I tried to explain.

He frowned trying to understand what I was saying. “So….he doesn’t remember me?”

“Yup…and also me.” I said casually.

His mouth slightly dropped.

“That’s why he didn’t even look at you when you greeted him earlier.” Mario said.

I just nodded. I felt Carmen’s hands on my shoulder. I already told her about the situation and she’s been comforting me ever since.

“So, why does the Captain Ball of the Victorian Academy is here too? I thought he was Brian’s mortal enemy?” Darren asked.

“It’s a long story Darren…” I said feeling tired of going through the whole story again.

I think he understood because he nodded. “Then, can you tell me why you too are together earlier?” He asked, now his eyes weren’t on me but to Carmen.