chapter 30 "Determined"

Chapter 30 “Determined”

*SANTANA MILLER*

It’s been a week since Brian got out from the hospital we haven’t talked at all. It’s either he would be sleeping from those meds or he’s been outside looking at nowhere to no one. I don’t know how to approach him especially when Bret and mom is around. It has been awkward and silent ever since the day that Bret found out about the relationship that Brian and I had.

“Mom…I’m sorry.” I told mom when we had some time alone together.

“Honey… you don’t have to, I truly understand you.” She said holding my hands.

“I shouldn’t have done that… It was my fault mom.”

“Shhh, honey… you know that I will always be here for you. I was at fault too you know.” She said with a comforting smile.

“No mom…”

She cut me off. “Santana, I already know that something is going on with you and Brian. I may not always be here but I’m not blind either.” I look at her intently, she knew? “I have seen the changes of Brian especially when she looks at you, and I have noticed you glow too… like you smiled a lot then before and whether you admit it or not, you always take care of him.” She said.

I couldn’t help but blush. “Y-you’re not mad?” I ask.

“I was shocked, I may have seen it but I never thought that it has gone this far. I think I was more of disappointed in you than mad. I thought I am going to be the first person you would talk to in this kind situation.” She said pouting. I smiled. “But what the heck… Everyone knew aside from me. I was hurt you know.” She said like a child.

I chuckled. “Mom… I can’t believe you’re not lecturing me right now.”

“Why would I lecture you? Being in love is a beautiful thing honey… and Bret may not see now but I know he will accept you guys in the near future… I can sense it.” She said and winks at me.

“What do you mean mom?” I ask confused.

“I will leave it up to you to think about. But remember, whatever happens… I , your mom will always be here for you. No matter what, you will always mean the world to me.” She said brushing my hair.

“Thank you mom, and sorry about Bret.” I said feeling guilty.

“Trust me, I can handle him. For your information… I am the ONLY kryptonite of THE BRET HART.”  She said loud and proud. It made me laugh looking at my mom like that.

“Mom, you’re being silly.”  I said and we laughed together.

 I feel relieved that mom is okay with my situation with Brian. Now, Bret is the only one I need to confront about this.

I took all the courage that I have in me. I saw Bret at the pool side reading a news paper and drinking his coffee. I saw Craig and Mom in the corner of the kitchen door frame cheering for me and mouthing “YOU CAN DO IT!” at me.

I took another deep breath before stepping outside. As I walk nearer to Bret, my heart is at its speed limit. It’s pounding hard and loud like it’s going to explode. My palms are sweating and my legs are shaking. This is it.

“Bret…” I said behind him and he turn towards me. “Can I talk to you for a minute?” I said firmly but I can sense that my voice is shaking.

“Sit down.” He said.

I sat at the chair in front of him. I press my lips together and took another deep breath. “It’s about Brian.” I said.

He jerked his head at me and raises his eyebrow. “What about him.”