Jealous

"Yo! Truth or Dare?" Stephen called out to the five of us left, chugging the last bit of his Bud Light.

"Steph we're not five, pick a better game!" Mackenzie, Klay's girlfriend belted out and I laughed at his sour face.

"What about 20 questions?" Kyrie suggested while walking back into the kitchen of my large loft. It was my turn to host the annual summer kick off and it was going smoothly.

"No! Thats boring and plus we've been friends for to long! We know all there is to know!" Selena chimed in kicking off her heels and sitting on my plush white carpet.

Twisting my lip in deep thought an idea popped in my head. "What about 'Never have I ever'?" I offer and the room went quite, only sounds of approval being heard.

"Fine, if you've done it take a shot!" Klay ruled pulling out a full bottle of Patron and Absolute.

"I'm in!" I went to take my seat on the island sofa that held seats for eight. Next to me sat Stephen who I was the closest with out of the group. He and I had been friends since the diaper days and he meant the world to me. Of course I had feelings for him but they were kept to myself. I didn't need that coming out.

Soon enough everyone was seated with tiny shot glassed in their hands.

"Who wants to go first?" Selena asked filling her pink glass with Hawaii printed on the side

"I'll go!" Kyrie spoke and shifted forward, eying Mackenzie. "Never have I ever failed a physic exam!" Scoffing Mack turned threw her shot back along with Klay and I.

"Next

"Next."

"Okay, Never have I ever missed a free throw." Klay' declared but took a shot along with Kyrie, Selena, Mack, Steph, and I. The boys were on the basketball team but we all shot around at the gym. Being a student at Davidson was actually a lot of fun, if you hung around the right people.

"Never have I ever given head in the Mackey arena!" Selena jumped in and I blushed downing my shot. Out the corner of my eye I could see Stephen smirking. I only did it cause I bet him and they ended up winning the stupid game by one point.

"Umm Never have I ever thought about sleeping with a teacher." Stephen said and Selena and Klay tipped their cups back. I chuckled because I knew Selena actually slept with Mr. Donnoven to raise her grade in Chemistry back in our Sophomore year.

"Shut it Kayla!" She barked which only made me laugh more.

"Never have I ever dated anyone in out group of friends!" Mackenzie yelled and they all took a shot except for me and Stephen. The whole group knew I had feelings for Wardell but him, it was pretty obvious but he was clueless.

"Aww poor them!" Kyrie bubbled kissing Selena's cheek. The two had been together ever since the beginning of the basketball season last year. They were cute, and sick at the same time but nothing could top Mack and Klay. The pair were probably the most touchy couple I'd ever seen. Steph and I would always crack jokes or mock how lovey they were.

"Never have I ever had sex." Stephen started and I quirked and eyebrow. He knew none of us were virgins, at least I thought he did. So I took my shot and so did everyone else.

"Wait Kayla you've had sex?" My best friend of 23 years asked me and I nodded. Hurt clouded Stephens hazel eyes but I didn't know why I swore I told him about it.

"Who?"

"It doesn't matter Wardell."

"Thats not how the game works man!" Klay chimed in and I nodded shutting my mouth.

"Never have I—"

"Never have I ever had sex with Mackenzie!" Stephen cut Selena off and the Klay took his shot. Confused the rest of us looked over at the 6 foot 3 inch point guard, only to find rage behind those beautiful orbs.

"Never had I ever slept with Selena!" He barked and Kyrie easily drank his.

"Never have I ever fucked Kayla!" I froze, it was only then had I understood what Stephen's motives for the random questions. Hesitantly I looked over in Klay's direction, silently pleading that he wouldn't raise his glass to his lips. A while back Klay and I made a mistake and slept together. I gave him my virginity because I was tired of being the only one out of the group that had it. Foolishly I handed it over because I was hurt that Stephen had a girlfriend and stopped spending time with me and as soon as it happened I regretted it. Not that it was bad but I should have waited for the right guy.

No one made a move as Stephen eyes Klay carefully

No one made a move as Stephen eyes Klay carefully. It was like he already knew, he was just waiting for one of us to speak up. Opting for the honest path, Klay took the half empty bottle of Patron and chugged as much as he could.

Son of a bitch...

"Are you fucking kidding me?" My eyes bulged, I could feel the room grow sinfully quite as my best friend burned holes in my head. I swallowed hard, trying to push the saliva pass the new lump forming in my throat.

Minutes passed before I could even piece together a thought.

"Well?" Stephen hollered causing me to jump.

"I-I.. It was um- We.." I tried to form a coherent sentence but nothing came to mind. I don't know why I was so caught up but the way he was scalding me made me feel small.

"Honors student with a 4.5 GPA huh? You can't even put together a thought right now!" He yelled and Kyrie coughed in the background. How the hell was I gonna get myself out of this mess?

a/n
This was also sitting in my drafts. Let me know if you want more of this one as well.
All the love
Kails.