President Curry

"And for the Middle East I want our men to proceed with caution. The rebel forces aren't hurting anyone so there is no need to go in guns-a-blazin'." The president spoke with such grace, handling himself well.

"But Sir we should-", President Curry raised his eyebrow looking to the man who dare speak after he made his final statement.

"S-Sorry sir.." Taking his leave the leader of our free country straighten his tie and pushed open the double doors. He just endured a busy morning. Meeting after meeting about what to do in the Middle East and the ongoing violence in his own country. The man was spent and wanted nothing more than to relax.

Heading towards the west wing of the white house, President Curry is greeted by his first lady Evelyn. Crimson hair swaying as she walked, coming face to face with her husband.

"Hello dear," She stood in front of him running her hands down his crisp navy blue suit, tailored perfectly for him.

"Good afternoon Evelyn, how was your powwow with the girls?" He questioned, green eyes lingered from hers to the doors of the oval office.

"It was fun, haven't seen them in so long ya know?" She confessed glancing up at her husband dully.

"That's good. I'm glad they could visit on such short notice." Evelyn hummed stroking the lapels of his jacket. Her dainty hands picking at the fabric.

"Is there anything that you needed?" He was getting impatient, wanting to continue with his day.

"No, but I did want to ask how Maddison was..." The first lady trailed off, sly smile playing on her lips. She knew what she was doing.

"I wouldn't know." President Wardell Stephen Curry spoke curtly, his eyes become multiple shades darker at the thought of his sweet Maddie eons away.

"Last I heard she was off canoodling with some football player.." Evelyn offered up stroking Stephen's honeyed cheek. Quickly moving away he answered, "Like I said, I wouldn't fucking know." Jealousy seeped through his voice as he stepped aside and walked to the oval office.

"It better stay that way!" He heard her voice call form behind him, sounding as cheery as possible. Clenching his fist he held his breath counting to 10 before entering the room. The little handle jingled roughly as Stephen forced his way into the space, slamming the door behind him. He was going insane not knowing about her. He missed her, craved her presence by his side. Sighing he sat on one of the couches, folding one leg over the other. What was he to do? He couldn't see her without the press getting word, or worse.. Evelyn. She made it very clear that if they were to so much as come in contact with one another, she would reek havoc.

He married a monster all too quickly. He jumped in head first thinking that he would be happy with Evelyn, when the love of his life was sitting right in front of him. Maddison was his--hands down-- best friend, the women he'd lay his life down for. He tried to push his feelings aside but as they grew older they only grew stronger. He was told to rid himself of her, most of peers said Maddie wasn't 'White House' material. But that wasn't the nail in the coffin.. No. She was pushed out of his life by his wife. Evelyn threatened to end her career as dean at American University. Saying she'd put her past out for the public to scrutinize.

"Steph!" The man raised his head and locked his eyes with his chief of staff, Klay Thompson.

"What man?" Steph huffed holding his head, feeling the ache of a migraine starting.

"What's the matter?" Klay asked pulling his slacks and taking a seat across from his friend.

"Nothing, just business as usual."

"That's bull and you know it." Klay countered, he's known Stephen long enough to tell when he was stewing about something.

"It's nothing!" The President shouted, not phasing Klay one bit. He knew Stephen hadn't been the same since Maddison was run out of D.C. by satan herself.

"Fine." The Chief of Staff didn't want to push his over worked friend but he did come here with news.

"Was there a reason you came here?" Steph asked as if reading his friends mind.

"I did. You'll be pleased to know that I found Mads." He informed Curry, completely changing his mood. Stephen sat forward, elbows leaning on his thighs.

"You found her?" he whispered looking Klay in the eyes. "You found her." He said once more, confirming the new news to himself.

"Yeah, in Puerto Rico to be exact. Apparently she took a year off, not even talking to family at this point." He slapped some photos on the table and Stephen greedily took them. Searching through each one carefully.

There she was. His Maddison. The one he let slip away. Her caramel colored skin glowing in the evening sun as she sipped fruity drinks pool side. There were photos of her laughing with natives while she ate. Also ones of her jet skiing on the crystal azure waters. All the photos were of her enjoying herself and that hurt Stephen, how could she not miss him? Miss all the things they did together...

"There's more.." Klay said pulling an envelope from behind his back. He handed it to the President, waiting on him to open it.

Unraveling, it showed more photos but these were of Maddison in her home. They depicted her with puffy eyes, and prominent frowns stitched on her beautiful face. Several wine bottles covered her coffee table, hinting at the fact that she could be a budding alcoholic.

Stephen continued to flip through until one caught his eyes. He sat the others aside and examined the one in question closely. Upon further exception he smiled, she was wearing his necklace. The necklace he gave her just before he was elected. The necklace that had a little 'W' hung in the valley of her breast. The necklace that held so much meaning to him. Overjoyed Stephen leaned back, taking the photo with him and pressed it to his chest grinning.

"I knew that would get you.." Klay bubbled placing his hands behind his head.

"Why didn't you just give me this picture to begin with?" Klay shrugged and got up, heading to his office.

"Anything else you need?" The 6 foot 6 inch man asked before opening the door. A few minutes of silence passed before anyone spoke. Stephen had his wheels turning trying to come up with a plan.

"A private jet that no one will trace. I need to see her man." Stephen demanded light heartedly and Klay laughed.

"You can't be serious..." But Stephen smirked raising his eyebrow.

"Aw shit.." Klay breathed.

A/N

Well here ya go. I have such an obsession with Stephen having government jobs. And him in a suit just kills me. I'm not sure if this should have a part two so I'll leave that up to you guys. Mr. Postman is in the works and so is part two of What's best.

I also want to say thank you for for over 5,000 reads and over 300 votes.. *Sobs violently* Y'all are too real! I love every single one of you and since I'm in the mood I want to do two request. Its first come first serve and I'm only taking two right now.

I will be open for request fully after I finish my Mr. Postman one shot so yeah. This is one long ass note.

Love yall :)

Kails