What's Best

"KAT!!!" Courtney squirmed uncontrollably while Klay tickled her. The pair had spent the entire day at the beach as a way of unwinding from their work week.

"What I tell you 'bout callin' me that?" Klay' laughed still rolling his digits on her tummy. Continuing to giggle Courtney reached her hands to swat Klay's long arms, but failed.

"P-Please st-stop!" she begged trying to get him to quit. The sun was gonna set soon and Courtney raved about watching it fall behind the horizon. "Fine!" Sitting up Klay took his seat but pulled her in between his legs. Courtney sighed and leaned into him, her back meeting his chest. The waves crashed against the sand at a steady pace emitting a relaxing aura around the two. Slowly the sun began to set showing an array of oranges and pinks, a few birds flew around creating the perfect ending to a perfect day.

"Five, Four, Three, Two-" Courtney counted down "One.." The sun faded leaving the sky a dull blue.

"This was amazing Klay, I really enjoyed it!" she reached to the side and kissed his neck. The long legged man hummed, resting his chin on her head.

"Me too, we should-" He was cut off by the alarm on his phone. Panicking Klay stood, brushing the sand off his navy blue swim trunks. In a hurry he stuffed his beach towel in a bag and grabbed his keys.

"Whoa, where are you going?" Her hazel eyes riddled in confusion.

"I-I have an early practice." He informed leaning down to kiss her cheek before heading to his drop top Mercedes.

"But Klay-" Courtney yelled trying to get her stuff together before he left. Klay hopped in sending a farewell honk of his horn and drove off, completely forgetting her was Courtney's ride there.

**

In the driveway of his Bay Area home Klay' cut the engine to his car and got out. Before stepping inside he check to see if he had any residual sand lingering on him. The last thing he needed was for her to cause a scene. Unlocking the door the aroma of a home cooked meal hit his nose and he smiled. It had been awhile since his girlfriend made dinner. Klay tossed his sweat pants on over his trunks and pulled on a shirt, so she wouldn't know he had been out at the beach. "Hannah I'm home!" he bellowed shutting the door behind him.

"Kitchen!" She called out to him wiping her hands on the dish towel. Shuffling in that direction Klay caught himself in the hall mirror and instantly swiped off the red lipstick from Courtney's kiss. He did a once over, making sure that no evidence remained of his time with her then he entered the room that held Hannah.

"Hey baby!" The small woman blushed when he came and wrapped her up in his strong arms.

"Smells good in here!" Klay' boasted, knowing she loved when he bragged about her cooking. The whole Golden State team knew how luck he was. Or how lucky he made himself seem. Truth is, he was miserable with Hannah but he wouldn't dare tell her that. He didn't have the heart to do it.

"Doesn't it always?" All Klay could do was smile heading over to the dining room to get ready for dinner.

Once they both were fed, Klay did the dishes. It was a chore that he had become all to familiar with. Hannah claimed that if she made the dinner she shouldn't be the one to clean it up. At first Klay didn't mind because it was fair, but when Klay cooked Hannah bailed on dish duty. That was one of the many things that has started to work his nerves. She also had a hard time with doing laundry, and spending his money. Klay was a generous man to begin with but 8,000 dollars on a pair of shoes was pushing it.

"Klay come to bed!" Hannah called from the bedroom and the shooting guard groaned.

**

Tossing and turning in his place Klay, struggled with sleeping. He knew he had a decision to make and he had to do it soon. Sitting up he pressed the home button on his phone checking the time.