True Love

Christmas&Chill Series
I.

Sitting in the conference room I tapped my nails restlessly on the glossy wooden table. I'd been here since nine this morning listening to new talent for Louis and to be quiet honest I'm bored out of my mind.

"....I just can't get to much of you baby, it's never enough!" The small blonde finished, opening her eyes to see my reaction. Rolling the pen in my hand I sighed, this was the 7th act that decided to put their spin on a One Direction song. And after sitting here for so long my ass is numb and my ears are bleeding from the familiar melodies.

"So what did you think?" Miss Anderson urged, sweeping her long tresses behind her shoulder. Looking down I noticed the little doodles I drew in place of actual notes.

"It was okay, you have talent hands down but you come off arrogant. And why are you slouching? Stand up straight." I tried as politely as I could, I didn't get a good vibe from her in the beginning.

"Look lady I came here to get a record deal not to be judged by the staff!" She spat and I squinted my eyes. Holding the bridge of my nose I held my breath. I hated doing this! I hated doing Louis's job!

"I'm well aware of why you came here and I'm sorry to say that you aren't exactly what we're looking for here at Vogue Records." I explained, pushing my glasses up. The shock on her face surprised me, did she really think she was getting signed today?

"You-you can't do that! You don't have that kind of power!" She barked, slamming her hands down on the table.

"Looks like she can and she does sweetheart.." A doting voice caught both the attention of the ill tempered brat and I. Waltzing over he took a seat next to me. I relaxed and sat back in my chair.

"M-Mr. Tomlinson.." Her eyes went wide and she removed her digits from their angry position. It was rare for Louis to come in unannounced. He rarely took my side on things like this either. He often played devils advocate and disagreed with everything I said. 3 years of marriage and we will can't agree on simple shit like dinner. 

"The one and only.." I rolled my eyes, Louis is so cocky. "And I do believe my wife said you weren't fit for our label, right babe?" He laced our fingers together and I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. Oh so today we are the couple in love.. "What she says goes, sorry." He leaned into me, kissing just below my ear. Half of me wanted to pull away but I knew I had to play my part. I knew 'the good wife' routine.

"I had n-no idea you were his wife, I'm so sorry!" She pleaded but my mind was made up. "It's fine dear, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.." Tears filled her eyes to the brim as she turned on her heel and exited the room. When the door closed I set my head on the table and slouched my shoulders.

"Long day?" Louis questioned, rubbing the middle of my back.

"Very!" I groaned. He shoulda been here to help out at least but no, he had another important meeting with his 'assistant'. Or so she calls herself.

"Well Mrs. Tomlinson lets get you home!" Scooting my chair back Louis hooked an arm around my back, lifting me. I fake smiled and placed my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. We had to keep up appearances. Couldn't have music mogul Louis Tomlinson and wife feuding, it's bad for business. Upon shutting my lids my head swarmed with old memories. I cringed when Harry slipped in my thoughts again. Flashback of late nights flooded my brain and with Louis' arms hugging my thighs it brought back feelings of nostalgia. Feelings I tried hard to burry with time but I couldn't. I couldn't get him out of my system and though I married Louis, my heart still longed for Harry.