Devin Booker

"Cindy is it?" I ask and her eye pop open. She didn't know I knew her name. Course I did, I knew everything there is to know when it came to Devin, he ain't slick.

"How did you-"

"Honey I've known about you for months now. I know all the little hoes my boyfriend hangs around. And I have to say, I'm actually a bit disappointed in his choice. Thought you'd be a bit of competition.."

"How dare-" I held my hand up to silence her.

"Baby don't make this worse for yourself. Didn't your mother teach you not to home wreck?" I ask and she looked stunned.

"It's not home wrecking if your boyfriend is already unhappy." As the words left her mouth I felt myself heating up.

"Oh he told you he was unhappy?" She nodded. "Did he also tell you that you're the 5th hes bedded? Telling you the same lie that he told all the other girls, just to get you to sleep with him. Did he also promise to take you away from here, start a new life together, run away?" I ask rolling my eyes. She swallowed hard nodding her pretty little head.

"Aw sweetie, that's what he tells all his girls."

"I'm different!" She planted her foot firmly on the ground interlocking her small fingers with Devin's. Looking into his eyes.

Simple bitch..

"How cute, you think he loves you?" I place my free hand on my chin, scratching it. "If he loved you, why hide you? Why only take you to places no one knows about? If he 'loved' you... Why not tell the world? Get rid of his girlfriend? If he loved you that much wouldn't he do that?" everyones attention is on me and I smile.

"He's was going to when he leaves you!" She spoke confidently. Now it was my turn to look at Devin. Those brown eyes showing worry.

"Now I see why, you're such a bitch, I see why he went to seek comfort from others. You're just a shell of a woman, hell you're not even pretty. He could never fully love someone like you!" She shouts and I broke out of my friend Jamie's grip knocking this Cindy to the floor.

"You think he's gonna leave me?" I asked sending one helluva blow to her nose. "I've been here for 5 fucking years" another blow to her face. I stood to my feet and brought her with me. "You see this ring?" I asked shoving the promise ring in her face. "This will always belong to me, no one and I truly do mean no one, will be enough to take it from me." I shoved her back and Devin caught her just before she make it to the floor.

"That man." I point over in his direction "Is mine, always has been always will be." She looked to Devin for help but he was stunned. He'd never seen me act like this before, never knew I held such rage.

When Devin didn't defend her she ran out, clutching her face in the process. I scoffed. Weak bitch..

My attention now on Devin as he looked at me with such lust in his eyes. I held my breath and pivoted my foot, taking my leave.

**

Hours had passed since the little outburst this morning and I was icing my hand. I had bruised it, two fingers were swollen.

I was scrolling through Netflix when the bedroom door opened. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Devin and I smirked. I knew him all to well.

"You're right you know. I could never leave you..." he starts and I keep my attention on the television.

"I was wrong baby." He came closer to me, sitting on his side of the bed.

I still keep my focus on the TV.