Mr. Postman II

S T E P H

Passing long driveway after the next I headed back to the station. It was the ending to my fourth week on the new route and I have to say, I'm glad I was switched. Though the area was upper crust and not many people spoke, I enjoyed it. I'd take anything over the last area I delivered to. To this day I can't get the images of Daphne's swollen belly out of my mind. I parked the truck and got the keys, ready to return them. Ever since this day started I had been itching to get the hell out of here.

Once things were back in their place I gathered my stuff and made a beeline to my car. If I slowed someone would spot me, asking me to work overtime. I don't mind it usually but today I had plans, plans I didn't want to cancel. Flying to my archaic jeep wrangler I got in, driving off in the direction of my place. I couldn't wait to get inside and shower. Working at the post office was a chore, but the worst part is the intense stench of sweat and dirt that lingered on me.

In my small townhouse I pulled off my boots and left them by the door. Living alone had it's upsides, I didn't have to worry about picked up after others. Bounding up the stairs I entered the bathroom and turned on the shower. The sound of running water calmed me, already relieving my sore body from the days stress.

My shower was quick, I didn't want to be late. At my closet and picked out something nice to wear. I didn't have much but I do have a few go to dress clothes when needed. Opting for a pair of dark denim jeans and a flannel. I ran a brush threw my hair because what else would I do with it?? Back in the bathroom mirror I smoothed my shirt and shrugged. I rushed down the stairs when I saw what time it was. Grabbing my keys I left, hoping this all went well.

**

Fresh Brothers, thats where I suggested we should meet. The small pizzeria was pretty well known and had the best stuffed crust pizza. Here at a table looking around for my 'date'. I had been sitting here for a little over seven minutes and was feeling a bit nervous. Every time the door opened I would discretely crane my neck to see who it was to see if they were coming my way. But each time I did, the person was either here to meet someone else or to pick up their pizza.

A little over three weeks ago I had joined a dating site just to have a bit of fun, I never expected to meet a women interested in me.

"Stephen?" A soft voice called behind me and my head perked up. The person rounded the table and sat down. And there she was, a true work of art. Her normally tied up hair framed her face in curls, a little bit of makeup, and little round diamonds pierced her ears. Her brown eyes sparkled when she looked at me, red lips rolled in a sweet smile.

"Kayla! Hey!" I sound, still admiring at her. We had developed a pretty strong 'friendship' you could say. We would talk tons when I delivered her mail. She'd even walk with me while I delivered others. She was hilarious, intelligent, strong minded, and very out going. I've learned a lot about her in our short time together, causing a little crush to form.

"What are you doing here?" she asked light heartedly. Should I tell here I was here looking for a women I met online?

"I uhh, I'm waiting for, I'm- I waiting for my date?" I stumbled out, cursing my light skin for showing my red cheeks. I don't know why I was so embarrassed but, oh well.

"Me too!" She sat her hand on the table, the hand that ordinarily adorned her wedding ring but she had stopped wearing it. Her husband Brandon had filed for divorce, but it didn't surprise her. She had told me about her marital problems, how he paid her no mind. Couldn't please her how a husband should. I was shocked, how could her husband not notice what a gem he had! I'd kill to have her as my wife!

"Really? Waiting for Brandon I presume?" Kayla squinted her eyes, tilting her head to the side. Giving the 'Really nigga' look.

"No actually, I'm here meeting someone I met online.." She pulled out her phone and read the name off.