Butterfly Ky

Groaning loudly I turn over in my bed from the loud banging that assaulted my door. Hoping that it would go away I toss the blanket over my head and squeeze my eyes tighter, begging sleep to consume me. It almost worked but in good ole' Katie fashion my curiosity got the best of me.

I pushed the thick comforter off and listened as my feet slapped against the wooden floor of my apartment. The knocking is persistent and I was livid.

"Hold ya fuckin' horses!"

The knocking halted.

Grabbing the door handle I pulled aggressively, ready to give an ear full to whomever it was disturbing my well deserved almost slumber.

Upon opening I was brought face to face with my giant best friend who by, the smell of him, was pissed drunk.

"Katie" he slurred.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked placing my hands on my hips. Scalding him like I was his mother, hell if she was here she would be doing the same thing. "It's fucking 4 in the morning!" I continue. He pouts his lips and stretches his arms out to me. I bat his arms away and grab him by his fully opened button down. I tugged him inside, closing and locking my door.

He stumbled over thin air and fell face first into the hardwood that lay beneath us. I sigh and sit down beside him, moving his head so that it rested on my lap. He now faced my tummy, inhaling my distant coconut body wash from my shower. I run my fingers through his hair that desperately needed cutting, lulling him to sleep.

"M'sorry. I didn't know where else to go." he mumbles, almost comatose.

"I know, I just wish you didn't go out with that bitch.."

"Mmm I'm a shit friend." I half smile at his drunken confession. Kyrie was many things, but a shit friend was not one of them. Though he had a terrible taste in women, he always treated me perfectly. He as the ideal man for any girl to being home to her parents.

Ky yawned and turned his head in my lap, his eyes peering up at the ceiling. I looked down and I saw a huge grin stitched on his face, it didn't last long. Sleep was winning the battle. I continues to run my fingers against his scalp until I realize that we are till sat on the floor.

"Let me get you to bed yeah?" I ask and he doesn't respond looking back down at the man in front of me, I notice he's sleeping... "Kyrie?" I try again and he stirs, letting out the most adorable yawn.

"C'mon." I stand to my feet and tug his long arms, signaling for him to stand as well. Faint groans leave his full lips as he tried his hardest to get to his feet. Lifting one leg at a time he uses me as a base to hold most of his weight, which results in us both falling. I wasn't weak, Kyrie's just heavy.

"Holy heavy." Kyrie stammers and I laugh, much louder than I should have.

I stand and lift him so one of his arms is slung around my shoulder. He rest most of his weight on me but this time I was ready and supported the both of us on the walk to my bedroom. On our way there he stopped in the hallway and admired all the photos that hung on the walls. Some of my parents and some of my sisters and I. He completely froze when he saw the one of me and him. It showed both of us standing in front of Purdue's huge welcome sign. It was our freshman year of college, one of my fondest memories.

"I remember this day." he says giggling and I smile.

"Me too, Butterball." I mutter and drag his ass to my room.

We reached the door and I had to let him go a little to open it. He was starting to fall so I latched onto him quickly and pulled him to my side.

"Jesus Irving, steady yourself!" He let out a hardy laugh and slammed his heavy head on my shoulder. I winced in pain but continued to haul him to my bed.

Finally we were inside the room and I closed the door with my foot. I walked forward with Kyrie swaying at my side babbling about whatever he did earlier.

"And then she blew me." He clapped his hands together, and sent his head backwards with laughter.

"She's not as skilled as you though, she kept doing this strange thing with her teeth. Freaked me out, thought she was gonna bite my shit" He confessed and my eye bulged, my arms let go of him and he fell like a ton of bricks.

"Gentle are we?" Sarcasm and amusement in his voice.

I rolled my eyes and pulled the blanket back, shifting one of the pillows so he could have one. I pulled off his shoes, shirt, and jeans. Folding the clothes and placing them in a chair that sat in the corner of my room, then placing his shoes at the foot of my bed.

I hoisted him up again and he even helped a little. Kyrie slipped into my bed with ease and rolled face first into the pillow I put on the left side for him. He sighed, I could tell he was ready to sleep.

I made sure that he had enough cover when I crawled into bed next to him. He liked to be covered up, always has. Once Ky was taken care of I situate myself, snuggling deep into the blankets. Everything was silent for a moment, that was until he starts singing.

"I have the best best friend in the whole world." He started and I turned to look at him, his face still firmly placed in the pillow. "She always takes care of me when I need it most, she's no ghost." I grimace at his feeble attempt to rhyme words. "She's so beautiful, I love her." He finished.

Though Kyrie was beyond drunk and his face was muffled by the fluffy pillow, he still sounded like a fucking angel. In middle school I was pissed he would always get picked for solos over me. He would always tease me too, calling me the Kelly to his Beyonce.

I swallow hard at his confession. He always says he loves me and I know he means in a 'best friend' way but the words still gave me butterflies.

I turn over so that I'm not facing him. "Go to sleep Butterfly Ky." I whisper, shutting my eyes again.

"Fine." I hear him say followed by rustling of the covers. A strong arm is wrapped around my waist and I felt the heat of another body being pressed against my backside. I get comfortable in his embrace and exhale.

"I love you Katie." Kyrie breathes out before falling into a deep slumber, snores and all.

"I know." I sing song before closing my eyes.

I sigh, knowing that he won't remember anything he had said tonight.

a/n

I don't know why but I feel like this was soo cute. I would kill for this to be Kyrie and I's relationship!! *Sighs deeply*

Love you all

Kails :)