Leo Fitz- Help (c)

You pushed your glasses up your nose as you knocked on the door frame looking into the lab. You'd never been here before, but you had worked with Coulson on more than one occasion, and he knew that your work could do some good for his colleague.

The man jumped slightly turning to look at you.

"Hello I'm Dr Y/N, are you Leo Fitz?" You smiled softly.

He nodded before looking back on what was in front of him. You weren't certain on what he was working on, but he seemed very focused on it.

Seen as it didn't seem as though he was planning on acknowledging you from the doorway, you made your way into the lab standing opposite him on the other side of the bench his work was on. You rested your bag on the chair next to you.

"I am a friend of Coulson's he wanted me to talk with you. I understand everything you've been through recently is hard, and you don't want to talk to your friends. I hoped I could help," You smiled.

"I don't need your...." He stopped, continuing to move his hands around and clenched his jaw unable to get the words to escape from his lips.

"Help?" You offered.

"Yes. I don't need your help. I am fine," He said knitting his eyebrows together.

"Of course you don't. I understand," You smiled softly.

His eyebrows stayed tightly together, "You don't understand."

Your face softened, as you leant your hands onto the table looking at him with soft eyes.

"No I don't. I haven't been through what you have. But I analyse behaviour and psychological functioning for a living, You feel betrayed not only from what Agent Ward had done and with HYDRA in general infiltrating SHIELD, but Jemma left when you needed her most," You said calmly.

"She left," He muttered.

You nodded softly, "She was doing what she thought was best for you and the whole team. But you can't get better unless you talk. And I know you think they will judge you, and I know you are having trouble communicating, but it is expected. I will have no judgement. I want to help you, and I can only do that if you will open up to me. I won't tell Coulson anything, just the status of how well you are doing."

He looked slightly confused with everything you had said to him as it wasn't what he expected to hear.

"Why?"

"Why do I want to help you?" You asked, "Well I am not certain. I have heard a lot about you, you are a great man from what I've heard, one of the greatest minds. It'd be a shame to lose you, physically you are fine but you are becoming a shell of your former self. You need to be helped, but to get it you need to want it. Please let me help."

He looked into your eyes looked weary, but his head moved up and down lightly in a nod.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.