Clint Barton- Bench (c)

Sometimes sleeping wasn't an easy task. No matter how long you tried to sleep, laying in bed, attempting to clear your mind, you just ended up in an attack of thoughts that weren't prepared to leave you no matter how hard you tried. You did your best to try and fight it and get some form of sleep, but at some point, you had to give up and realise that staying in the bed was just going to hinder the attempt to sleep more than it would assist it.

You gave up attempting to sleep and slipped out of the bed, as to not wake your husband and headed down to make a cup of camomile tea. With your mug of tea, you headed out to your garden to sit on the bench and hope that being out in the cool breeze would help you find some sense of sleep. You didn't know how long you were sat outside when Clint made you jump by joining you on the bench.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked.

"I couldn't sleep."

"I'm sorry," he said softly, wrapping his arm around your shoulders to pull you into him.

Although you loved being cuddled up to your husband, you felt guilty for having led to him coming out in the garden instead of getting rest.

"Go back to bed, I'll be up soon."

Clint shook his head. "I want to stay up with you."

You knew that he would continue to argue with you regardless of the fact that he knew it was the right thing to do to go back to bed. Clint pulled you in closer pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

"I love your hugs," you whispered before taking another sip of your tea.

"Well, I love you."

You rolled your eyes at him, pulling away from the embrace to take the last mouthful of your tea and put your mug down on the floor to save you from having to continue holding it. You turned back to Clint to see him smiling at you.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You look beautiful in the moonlight," he smiled.

With a sigh, you returned to his arms, having gotten used to him being his cheesy self and complimenting you in any way that he could. You snuggled up close to his side, letting the two of you sit in a blissful silence whilst you waited for sleepiness to fall upon you once more.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.