Loki Laufeyson- Laugh (c)

One Word Prompts- 8. Laugh

From a young age you had grown up with the Princes of Asgard, you were slightly younger than they were but had always been close with them. Although you were close with both of them you had always been closer to the raven haired prince.

He never fit with his family no one really knew why, he just seemed to stick out like a sore thumb, but you gave him purpose at the palace. Even from a young age he had been infatuated with you, you never judged him, you never expected anything more of him than he could give.

Today was one of the days he loved having you by his side, even if you were not actually a couple, no one doubted that you both cared for each other.

Regularly the palace held banquets and balls that the prince did not wish to be at. But you were forced to go also and together you would create your own entertainment. Neither of you enjoyed dancing much, but you did enjoy annoying his brother.

Tonight you decided you would both pull a small prank on Thor. It was all Loki's idea but you were a willing accomplice. You had both been through nearly all of the pranks you could think of, but today you went through any small pranks you possibly could.

With each one your laughter increased, gaining confused looks from all of those around you. On the final one, Thor saw you both, and you ended up running from the ballroom, hand in hand laughing loudly.

Once you were at a good distance you both stopped sliding down the wall together, letting your laughing subside.

Loki still held your hand as you sat on the floor attempting to compose yourself.

"Thank you Y/N. You do know how to make one of these events fun and enjoyable," he smiled.

"No Loki, thank you. You are the one that comes up with all of these plots against your brother, without your ideas we would still be sat in there mingling with noblemen, whilst your father criticised how you are nothing like Thor, and my Mother questioned when I will grow up and be wed," I sighed.

"It's a shame we are expected to lose our happiness. You will be married to a warrior soon enough and I will be the uncared for prince for eternity, no matter my birth right, I shall never be king," he said softly looking sad.

You rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Do not worry Loki, you may be sat on that throne, but you do not need the throne to mean something. You mean something already to some people," you whispered.

"Do I mean something to you?" He asked.

You let out a soft laugh.

"More than anything in the world, you should have known that Loki, I've felt the same for years."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.