79

"Kimba, he looks so adorable!" Cheryl cooed over her son wearing a Father Christmas costume. "Looks really cosy too" she added with a giggle.

"Come on Mr, last one" the older woman smiled, holding the last present out to Scott after he got changed into his costume from his previous present. The young boy grabbed hold of the wrapping paper and struggled to open it.

"Want mammy to help?" she asked him. Kimberley laughed. "What?" she asked.

"You're like a kid" she giggled at the excitement in her eyes. The Geordie pouted and helped Scott to unwrap his present.

"Look Scott! It's a big, big, big fluffy bear!" she squealed, causing the young boy to scream in excitement as he crawled up onto the bear, which was about twice his size.

"We've all spoilt him this Christmas" Kimberley grinned to her fiancée and their families.

"It's his first Christmas, we had to!" Diane replied, smiling and clapping her hands as Scott successfully climbed onto the bear and laid on it, giggling to himself.

"Yeah" she agreed, watching Cheryl tickle the boy who was laughing hysterically. "Come here babe" she said quietly to Cheryl. She looked at her and kissed Scott before going over to her.

Kimberley took her hands and pulled Cheryl to sit down next to her. The older woman curled her legs up on the sofa and rested her head on Cheryl's shoulder while still holding onto one of her hands.

The Geordie kissed her on the head before resting her head on Kimberley's, both watching their son feel the fur of the bear under his small fingertips.

"Anyone want drinks?" Joan asked while standing up. Everyone in the room replied with yes.

"When is Sally coming over?" Kimberley wondered while looking at her mum, her head still resting on Cheryl's shoulder and feeling the warmth of the younger girl.

"About three hours" she replied after looking at the clock. "I wonder if Ruby is enjoying today as much as Scott is?" she said, a smile coming to her face at the thought of her granddaughter and watching her grandson close his little eyes with his head resting on the bears belly.

"No doubt about it" said Cheryl, squeezing Kimberley's hand gently. The older woman lifted her head and looked at her. She moved her head to point out to the hallyway. The two of them got up silently off the sofa and went into the hallway before Cheryl lead her up the stairs and into their bedroom.

"What is it?" asked Kimberley. Cheryl took her hands and backed herself to their bed. She sat on the edge and fell backwards slowly, pulling her fiancée with her. She kissed her softly on the lips.

"I just wanted to do this" she replied before kissing her again.

"Everyone is okay with us kissing you know, Chez" said the older woman with her hands either side of Cheryl's head. She kissed her again.

"I know but it's nice to have some private time" she smiled, looking directly into the older womans eyes, making her heart melt.

"Cheryl? Kimberley?" came Joan's voice from the other side of their door.

"Yeah?" said Cheryl in a questioning tone, raising her voice a little.

"Do you want me to leave your drinks downstairs?" she asked. Cheryl and Kimberley looked at each other and shared a little giggle.

"Yes please mam, we'll be down soon" the younger girl replied. They waited until they heard her walk away before giggling louder.

"Bless her" said Kimberley, moving one of her hands up Cheryl's shirt a little and stroking the skin underneath.

"We could have been doing anything" Cheryl rolled her eyes. "It would have been like from that American Pie film... 'I'm coming! I'm coming!'" she laughed, making Kimberley laugh too.

"There's far too many people in the house babe" the older woman giggled, kissing her fiancée once more before getting off her and standing up. "Come on" she said, entwining her fingers with Cheryl's as she pulled her up. They kept their hands together as they walked back downstairs and took their previous positions.

"What have you two been up to?" asked Paul, sipping at his tea and sitting next to Joan.

"I wanted a cuddle" replied the younger Geordie, lifting Kimberley's hand to her mouth and kissing it lightly.

"You're cuddling now" he said, amused.

"A proper one" Cheryl said with a pout and hearing Kimberley's giggle fill her ears. It brought an instant smile to her face. She carefully shuffled away from Kimberley and got up off the sofa. She picked up her sleeping son and walked back over to the sofa with him. She looked at him then at Kimberley, who was also watching the boy sleep.

"I love you" the younger girl said to her quietly, just so her fiancée would hear. Kimberley looked up and met her eyes before meeting her lips with her own.

"I love you too" she replied in the same tone, a content smile on her face without a worry in the world. She stroked her cheek with her thumb before they both looked back down at Scott.

"We love you, little man" Cheryl whispered to him, kissing him on the head, followed by Kimberley.

Cheryl sat back on the sofa, the sleeping boy in her arms and Kimberley, the love of her life, at her side. She looked around the room at everyone, the atmosphere was fanstastic and everyone looked like they were really enjoying themselves.

She looked down at the engagement ring on her finger, her heart filling with complete happiness. Kimberley placed her hand softly over her own, making the younger girl look back at her. Her eyes told her she was thinking and feeling the same. There was nothing that could make that moment more perfect.