15

"I think he was more shocked than I was" said Kimberley when Cheryl came down the stairs just as Kimberley's conversation on the phone was coming to an end.

"Are you okay about it all?" asked Cheryl, placing her hands on Kimberley's waist.

"Getting round to the idea now, yeah. How about you?" she asked, taking one of Cheryl's hands and lifting it to her mouth and kissing it.

"Yeah but I was just wondering... what am I going to be to the kid?" she asked. Kimberley smiled at the Geordie and the excitement in her eyes waiting to burst out.

"You'll be mammy" said Kimberley in her best Geordie accent. Cheryl laughed and pulling Kimberley into a hug and squealed.

"So is the baby going to have a mummy, mammy and a daddy?" she asked.

"Yep, and loads of aunties and uncles!" giggled the older girl. Cheryl's eyes were shining as she looked at Kimberley. She'd always wanted to be a parent but her dreams were shattered when her husband cheated on her once again and she divorced him. Kimberley and herself getting together when they did was perfect timing for the both of them.

"You don't mind Justin being a part of the kid's life, do you?" Kimberley asked as she moved the hair out of Cheryl's face with a finger.

"Of course not babe! Whatever gave you that idea? She or he will need their dad in their life as well" she replied, following Kimberley into the kitchen.

"I'm so lucky to have you" smiled Kimberley before pouring herself a glass of water.

"I'm the lucky one" replied Cheryl as she poured herself a glass of water too.

"You can have some wine if you like babe, I don't mind" said Kimberley. Cheryl shook her head.

"Mummy's not allowed alcohol so mammy's not either" she said in a way that made Kimberley's heart melt.

"Sarah and Nicola will not like this!" laughed Kimberley then both hers and Cheryl's mouths dropped open slightly.

"The girls!" they both said together.

"Oh God, this is going to be fun" said Cheryl deep in thought, they hadn't even told the other three girls in the band that they were a couple.

"What are we going to do?" wondered Kimberley. She sat at the table in the kitchen with her water and Cheryl followed.

"We'll have to get them round" said Kimberley while nodding her head at the thought. "We can't tell them in public" she added.

"Yeah, I agree, when though?" asked the younger girl, thinking when her diary was free again.

"What about Nadine?" Kimberley asked, she watched Cheryl tense up at the sound of her name.

"She didn't bother telling us she was engaged so why should we..." Cheryl started but was stopped by Kimberley.

"Cheryl" she sighed. She watch the younger girls frown getting deeper. "Your face will stay like that if you carry on" she joked, trying to pull Cheryl out of the mood she had suddenly got in.

"I just don't see why we shouldn't just let her find out from the press like we had to with her" said replied while folding her arms.

"Baby, I know you were hurt by that but I want to tell her... please?" Kimberley asked. She, too, was upset about finding out about Nadine's engagement that way but she still wanted to tell Nadine, she'd feel awful if she didn't.

"Right. How will you tell her?" questioned Cheryl, looking at and playing with her hands.

"I'll just call her if that's what you want" replied Kimberley, reaching over the table to hold onto Cheryl's hands. Cheryl looked up at her.

"You can get her to come here if you want that... if she wants to come here that is" Cheryl rolled her eyes and gripped tighter onto Kimberley's hand.

"I want to invite her round, babe, I want all the girls here, to tell them all together" said Kimberley, searching out Cheryl's eyes, trying to plead with her. Cheryl stayed silent for a few moments, trying to think it over.

"Okay... okay yeah, do it. Whenever you decide, I'll clear my diary" she said. Cheryl's mood was lifted whe she saw the smile on Kimberley's face. No matter how angry she was, she never could be angry at Kimberley.

"I want to do it as soon as possible. I have to record Suck My Pop in two days, the clinic tomorrow... so how about the day after?" asked the older girl. Cheryl thought about what her plans were for that day, it was just a small meeting she could do any day.

"Yeah that's fine, I'll be here all day" Cheryl replied before getting up and walking around the table to Kimberley and pulling her into an uneven hug. Kimberley's head was buried in Cheryl's chest while the Geordie stroked her hair.

"Thank you" said Kimberley when they parted. Cheryl looked down at her girlfriend and knew everything would be okay.