74

"Happy birthday, gorgeous" said Cheryl to her thirty year old girlfriend who was just waking up. She had been watching her sleep for near enough half an hour.

"Thank you" she replied sleepily with an even sleepier smile. Cheryl's heart melted.

"The big three zero today" she smiled, stroking the hair out of Kimberley's face.

"Don't remind me" she groaned. Cheryl giggled softly and played with her hair.

"I'm sorry that I have the X Factor today" the Geordie said quietly.

"It's okay, it's your job" Kimberley smiled and attempted to open her eyes. "You look beautiful" she sighed, lazily reaching her arm up and stroking her girlfriends bed hair.

"I've just woke up Kimba... I'm a mess" she giggled. Kimberley pulled her towards herself by the back of her neck and kissed her.

"You're natural... you're amazing" she smiled against her lips.

"It's meant to be me complimenting you today" Cheryl pouted before feeling Kimberley's lips on her own again. The older woman pulled away when she heard some rustling coming from Scott's cot.

"I think someone wants to say happy birthday to his mummy" the Geordie smiled, stroking her girlfriends hip under the warm covers. Kimberley smiled and got out of bed and went over to the cot.

"What have you got in here then?" she asked him, picking up two wrapped presents.

"You going to say happy birthday to mummy?" Cheryl asked him, lifting him out of his cot. The two women sat back on the end while the little boy was on Cheryl's lap. Scott made some sounds in reply.

"Aaw Scott, thank you" she said to him after opening her presents to find a cuddly teddy and a bracelet. She kissed him on the head then kissed Cheryl on the cheek who winked in return. Scott giggled when he saw the fluffy toy and held his hands out to grab it.

"You still up for Xtra?" asked Cheryl, leaving the boy in Kimberley's arms with the cuddly toy and getting the older womans presents out the cupboard.

"Course babe. As long as Glam don't go" she joked, talking about her favourite act in this years X Factor, coincidentally in Cheryl's category.

"No chance" the Geordie smiled, handing over the small wrapped presents to her girlfriend. "Happy birthday"

Kimberley unwrapped the first one and found a necklace inside, a similar style to the bracelet.

"I've not got you a matching ring just yet" the younger girl grinned, a sparkle in her eye as Kimberley looked back at her with an equally big smile. She opened her next small present.

"What's this?" she asked, unfolding the neatly folded paper in her hand. She read over it, her mouth dropping open slightly. When she read the contract, her eyes looked at the bottom of it, seeing four signatures of four women she knew very well. She looked up to see Cheryl holding her a pen.

"Oh my God" she squealed, looking at the document in front of her, asking them all to sign it to say Girls Aloud would come back as a band at the beginning of 2011. Kimberley took the pen from Cheryl and signed it. The Geordie decided to wait to give it to her on her birthday as she knew how much Kimberley wanted to get back with the band, it would make a nice present for her.

"I'll take that" Cheryl said before Scott could get hold of it. She put it back in the envelope and put it on the bed side table. "Now this one" she said, handing the last present in front of her to her. Kimberley opened it and looked at the tickets.

"You, me, Scott, private villa, LA, two weeks" she smiled. Kimberley immediately wrapped her arms around her girlfriend and pulled her down next to her and kissed her hard on the lips. "You like?" she giggled after they broke apart. Scott made a screaming sound and shuffled up towards Kimberley who was still laying down.

"You want to join in?" she laughed, picking him up and laying him on her belly. "I love it babe" she replied to her girlfriend. "When is it?" she wondered.

"Next week" she grinned. Kimberley's eyes shined as she leant in to kiss Cheryl again.

"What about the X Factor?" the older woman asked.

"They've found a replacement" she smiled, looking forward to their holiday together and not particularly caring she was missing her acts having their chance of winning the show, she just wanted two weeks away with her family.

The three of them made their way downstairs and Cheryl starting making their breakfast while Kimberley opened her cards.

"Babe" Kimberley called out to her upon reading one of her cards. Cheryl came out of the kitchen.

"What?" she asked. Kimberley turned the card around and held it out in front of her. The Geordie walked up to her, took it out of her hands and read it. She frowned.

"What the hell?" she said. "I told him to leave us alone" she added, reading the card from Ashley.

"Maybe it's just a way of saying thank you... for the hearing or something" she wondered, confused.

"Maybe he knew I wouldn't have done it without your support" Cheryl shrugged. "Still, he shouldn't have sent this" she continued.

"You can chuck it if you want" said Kimberley, going to open another card.

"No babe, it's yours, do what you like with it" she smiled, leaning down to kiss her girlfriend before going back into the kitchen to finish making their breakfast. Kimberley put the card in the pile with the rest of her cards.