21

"Would you like to know the sex this time Miss Walsh?" the nurse asked while covering Kimberley's five and a half month bump with cold gel. Kimberley looked at Cheryl and they both nodded excitedly.

"Yes, we do" said Kimberley, gripping on tightly to Cheryl's hand. Both of their heart beats were beating out their chest.

"Ready?" the nurse said.

"Yes!" Cheryl said a little too loudly, a huge smile on her face and tears threatening her eyes.

"Miss Walsh, you're hav..." the nurse started but was stopped by Kimberley.

"We, please. This is both of ours" smiled Kimberley, turning her head back to Cheryl. Cheryl was a little taken back by Kimberley practically outing the two of them, but she couldn't have been happier and prouder at that moment. Her eyes shined and felt a lump in her throat.

"I love you" Cheryl said quietly before leaning in and kissing Kimberley softly on the lips. They both turned back to the nurse who was looking a little surprised but carried on doing her job.

"Well then, Miss Walsh, Mrs... Cole?" the nurse questioned.

"I'm Tweedy in my private life" she smiled. The nurse nodded understandingly.

"Miss Walsh, Miss Tweedy, you're going to have a healthy little boy" the nurse said cheerfully. Neither Kimberley or Cheryl could hold back the tears any longer. Cheryl wrapped an arm across Kimberley's chest and cried happy tears onto her shoulder.

Cheryl lifted her head up and looked back onto the monitor at the unborn baby boy.

"That's our son" she sighed happily and placed a kiss on her girlfriends neck.

"Our son" repeated Kimberley, amazed by the image on the screen.

"Justin's always wanted a boy" said Cheryl with a smile. She felt lucky that she wasn't jealous about him being the boys real parent.

"Are you happy?" Kimberley asked her while she waited patiently for the nurse to wipe the gel off her belly.

"Like you wouldn't believe babe" the younger girl answered truthfully. "Are you?" she asked.

"Never been better" she replied while doing her jeans back up and pulling her shirt back down.

"Would you like the same amount of scans that you had last time?" the nurse asked. Kimberley nodded to her and waited for them to be printed. She started to get a little impatient.

"I really need to pee" she said, rocking slightly where she was standing.

"Just go in that room there" the nurse said while pointing to the room. She walked fast over to the room. Cheryl watched her and giggled, she remembered watching Kimberley drink lots of water before leaving the house in preparation for the scan.

"She's going to make a fantastic mother" said Cheryl to the nurse as she waited for the scans to finish printing.

"I'm sure you will too, Miss Tweedy" she smiled to her. Cheryl couldn't keep the smile her her face. She was going to be a parent. She was going to have a son. And best of all, she was going to have him with Kimberley.

"Sorry about that" said Kimberley, closing the door behind her. "Couldn't hold it any longer" she said.

"It's understandable. I've seen many women run in and out of that toilet" the nurse smiled. She held out the scans for Kimberley to take.

"Thank you" she said as she accepted them.

"We'll get a midwife out to you at about eight months, make sure everything is still okay and how you're coping" the nursed finished and opened the door for them both.

"Thank you, again" replied Cheryl.

The two women left the private clinic and got themselves into the car.

"You okay?" Cheryl asked her girlfriend, putting her hand on her thigh.

"Yep" she grinned, placing her hand on her belly over her baby boy. Cheryl grinned back and nodded before starting up the car.

The drive back was a silent one, both their minds were swimming of thoughts of when their baby was born.

"This little one is kicking the crap out of me" said Kimberley while she was taking her shoes of after entering the house. "Think I might go for a little lay down" she added.

"Do you want me to give you a massage or anything?" the younger woman asked.

"It's alright babe, I wont be long. Can you call Justin and tell him?" Kimberley asked.

"Sure babe, of course" she replied. She stepped towards her girlfriend and embraced her in a hug, she got as close as she could get without squashing the bump.