35

The three of them arrived home later on that night. Cheryl told Kimberley she would stay up with the baby that night while the older girl got some rest. She was exhausted and aching, but also buzzing so she didn't know how she would get any sleep. She thought it would be best to try, still.

Cheryl sat up in bed while she watched Kimberley get comfortable. She wasn't used to seeing her without a big bump. The thought brang a smile to her face while she held Scott in her arms, watching him move his little fingers and toes in his sleep.

She turned her attention back to Kimberley who was breathing heavily and peacefully, already fallen into a deep sleep. She wasn't at all surprised.

Cheryl ducked her head down and gave Scott a little kiss on his head. Little bits of hair already there on top, Cheryl couldn't get over how cute he was. He was perfect. Cheryl was tempted to kiss Kimberley on the head but didn't want to risk disturbing her, she really deserved a good nights sleep. She hadn't had a proper one in weeks.

The younger girl moved out of the room as quickly but as carefully as she could when Scott started to cry. She rocked him gently in her arms as she made her way downstairs. It was the early hours of the morning but didn't want to sleep yet.

She turned on the lamp beside her and sat down, still with a crying Scott in her arms.

"Hey, sssh" she whispered and placed another kiss on his head. She watched his little red face and his gummy mouth as he continued to cry, it made Cheryl's stomch flip - in a good way.

"You'll wake your mummy up" she said to him in the quietest voice she could manage without whispering.

"Through wind and rain we got here..." she started to softly sing, unaware that Kimberley had come downstairs and was watching her from the door way with sleepy eyes.

Scott continued to cry.

"Don't like that one, huh?" the younger girl said. "Okay, what about... oh, why you look so sad? Tears are in your eyes..." she started to sing but the boy still cried.

"Hmm... anything that's worth having, is sure enough worth fighting for..." she decided to give one of her own songs a try, remembering how Kimberley said it calmed him down. Scott carried on crying.

"You don't like that one? Well I'm offended little man" she said jokingly. Kimberley tried to hold back her giggle from the door way. Cheryl began to sing again.

"I don't tell anyone about the way you hold my hand, I don't tell anyone about the things that we have planned..." Cheryl started to sing and was surprised that Scott had began to stop crying. She sang a bit more of the song then kissed him on his forhead when he'd stopped crying.

"Can't say I'm surprised, that's mummy's favourite of mine as well" she said with a huge smile. The light from the lamp reflected on his little face so she could have another good look at him. She slowly rocked him in her arms while she noticed his big green eyes and a slight darkness to his skin.

"Mammy loves you" she whispered and kissed him again on his head. Kimberley felt herself tear up with happiness as she looked at the two of them. She knocked quietly on the door. Cheryl looked up.

"Look Scott, there's your mummy" she said to the boy as she watched Kimberley move in closer to her, a nightgown wrapped around her. She sat next to the Geordie and took Scott into her own arms.

"Hey little fella" she said quietly while looking at her son. Cheryl tickled the bottom of Scott's feet and melted when he kicked his foot out.

"He looks like you, Kimba" Cheryl smiled. "Gorgeous" she added. 

"What do you think of our little boy?" Kimberley asked. Cheryl felt butterflies in her stomach.

"He's so perfect babe" she replied.

"Just wait until he's a teenager, he'll be a nightmare" Kimberley laughed softly and kissed his little hand.

"With a mother like you? Never" she replied knowingly. She watched Kimberley's face explode with love. She lifted her hand and gently stroked her girlfriends cheek, the older woman looked at her.

"I love you" she said. "I've never been so happy" she added.

"Me either" mumbled Kimberley just before their lips connected. Scott started to cry again.

"Maybe he wants feeding" said Cheryl after pulling back from the kiss. Kimberley agreed then Cheryl watched in amazement as her girlfriend fed her baby.

"You look tired babe" commented Kimberley, noticing Cheryl struggling to keep her eye lids open.

"I am a bit" she said. She kissed Scott on the head, then stood up and leant down to kiss Kimberley on the lips. "Come to bed when he's done" she kissed her girlfriend again before making her way up to bed.

Cheryl was awoken from her light sleep by Kimberley getting into bed. She put her arm around her and was slighlty disappointed to feel thin material under her and not bare skin, but she was too tired to question it.

Kimberley kissed Cheryl's forehead when she noticed she was frowning, the frown immediately dropped and a little smile came to her face. She watched the younger girl as she drifted off to sleep, shortly followed by herself.