37

"Well done, kid" said Simon, patting Cheryl on the back as he looked at the baby in her arms. She had attended an X Factor meeting as the shows would be starting again soon. She took Scott and Kimberley along with her for everyone to see.

"Aaw look Dannii, he's cuter than yours" Louis joked, earning a slap on the arm from the Australian woman.

"Louis!" said Kimberley. "You can't say that to a mother" she grinned back at him.

"Cheryl" one of the producers started to talk, making the group of judges and Kimberley sit down and listen. "Are you going to have time for us this year?" he asked seriously.

"Yes" she replied, holding Kimberley's free hand under the table as Kimberley was back holding Scott.

"Are you positive? I can see how this could be a big decision for you" he said while looking at the family. Cheryl nodded.

"Yes, I can still do this. I have already turned down a solo tour and refused to sign the contract for my next album, so I have plenty of free time for the X Factor and to be a mam" she replied. Kimberley looked at her with her mouth open.

"You're not going ahead with your album? Why didn't you tell me?" asked Kimberley, stroking the back of Cheryl's hand with her thumb.

"I wanted us to settle first" the younger girl replied with a smile. She was planning on telling Kimberley very soon now that Scott was a few weeks old, she didn't expect these questions now.

"Right then" the producer said. "Sign here please if you are completely sure" he added. She had discussed it with Kimberley a week ago and she was fine with it. Cheryl got up and signed the papers.

"Thank you, you're all free to leave now" he said. Cheryl rolled her eyes and said goodbye to everyone with Kimberley and left the building.

"Well... he sounds like a happy man" joked Kimberley with a giggle.

"He's a robot babe, I swear" replied the Geordie, laughing. They both climbed into the car and made their way to Justin's house. When they got there, he was already waiting outside with his girlfriend who the two girls had yet to meet.

"Hey" said Justin, stepping forward to Cheryl and taking Scott from her.

"Hey Justin" both Cheryl and Kimberley replied.

"Hi Maria" Kimberley said after to greet her ex-boyfriends new girlfriend.

"Lovely to meet you Kimberley" she said before kissing her on the cheek. "And you Cheryl" she said, shaking her hand and kissing her cheek.

"You too" Cheryl replied, glancing over at Scott who was being held in the air by Justin. The man brought his son back down to his face and rubbed noses with him.

"Give me a call if you need anything" said Kimberley, handing over what was needed for the baby for the night to Maria.

"Will do" replied Justin, holding Scott back in his arms. This was going to be the first time Scott was away from home over night. Justin had looked after his son for a few hours in the day before, just never over night.

"He'll be okay, you know" Maria said, placing a comforting hand on Kimberley's arm. She nodded back with a sad smile.

"You two have a good night" Justin smirked to the both of them. Cheryl raised an eyebrow to him while Kimberley looked at the ground and shifted uncomfortablly.

"Cheers" replied Cheryl, stepping forward towards Scott while holding Kimberley's hand. She bent down a little and kissed him on his head.

"See you tomorrow little man" said Cheryl. Justin noticed the glint in her eye when she stood back up straight. "See you tomorrow, too, Scott" she grinned at her own joke.

"Oi" said Justin, they all laughed.

"Love you" Cheryl added to the young boy and kissed him on the head again. She stood back and Kimberley moved forward.

"Mummy will be back tomorrow" she whispered, kissing the boy on his head and holding his hand. "I'll miss you" she continued. She felt Cheryl rub her back soothingly. She turned to look at her girlfriend, both of them knowing what each other was thinking.

"We'll be back tomorrow around noon, is that okay?" the younger girl asked.

"Yeah of course" Justin replied. "We'll see you then" he added before turning and going into the house, followed by Maria who said her goodbyes to them both as well.

"Let's get you home babe" said Cheryl while leading Kimberley into the car.

When they got back, Kimberley sat on the sofa and breathed on heavily. Cheryl climbed onto her thighs and sat herself down and rubbed her shoulders.

"Feel good babe?" asked Cheryl. She recieved a satisfied moan from her girlfriend as she released the tension from her shoulders. Cheryl leant in and kissed Kimberley's neck softly.

"Want to go to bed?" the younger girl asked. Kimberley nodded hesitantly to her and let herself be lead up to their bedroom.