30

"Mum?" Kimberley said into the phone. "Oh my God, really!?" Kimberley's tone made Cheryl jump. The older girl gave her a 'sorry' look. "Okay, I'm on my way" she squealed down the phone before hanging up.

"Babe, what's..?" Cheryl began while watching Kimberley trying to lift herself off the sofa. Cheryl helped her up.

"Sally, she's having the baby" replied Kimberley. "Can you drive us?" she asked.

"Oh my God babe! Of course!" she said in equal excitement as she grabbed her keys then helped Kimberley walk out to the car. Kimberley was heavily pregnant and struggling to move on her own. She was surprised how fast she had grown in the last month.

"Christ, he's so heavy" Kimberley moaned as she got in the car.

"Are you in and comfortable babe?" Cheryl asked as she strapped her girlfriend in the back of the car as there was more room.

"Yeah, thanks" she replied, shifting a little where she sat. Cheryl climbed in the drivers seat and set off.

"I thought she had another two weeks?" Cheryl asked, concentrating hard on the road ahead of her.

"That's me babe" laughed Kimberley.

"I know that but I thought Sally was the same?" she asked while waiting at a red light.

"I think it's a week early" she replied. The traffic lights turned green so Cheryl started driving, then out of nowhere a motorbike passed in front of her, making her slam hard on the breaks.

"Fuck!" she shouted, she immediately stopped the car, not caring that she was possibly stopping traffic. She turned around to Kimberley.

"Babe are you okay?" she asked while taking her seat belt off and climbing into the back.

"Yeah Chez I'm fine, what the hell happened?" she asked, her heart beating wildly in her chest.

"Fucking motorcyclist" she said before climbing back in the front and out of the car. She noticed the person on the motorbike parked a little way up and looking at her.

"You fucking twat!" she shouted at the top of her voice.

"Cheryl" Kimberley shouted from inside the car to calm her down. Cheryl didn't listen.

"Oi! You! Get over here!" she shouted, a crowd started to from as people got out of their cars. The Geordie woman was fuming as the motorcyclist drove off.

"Are you alri... Cheryl?" said a female driver who got out of her car to see what the problem was. To say the woman was shocked was an understatement.

"That twat ran a red light, anything could have happened, I have my eight month pregnant girlfriend in the back!" she ranted. She looked back in the car at Kimberley.

"Baby are you sure you're okay?" she asked again, a few more people had gathered around.

"I promise I'm fine, can we just go now please?" asked Kimberley, who was worried about the scene Cheryl was causing.

"Yeah, yes, I'm sorry" she said. Cheryl turned to the woman who asked her if she was alright.

"Sorry about that. I was just shocked and scared"  said Cheryl with her hand on her open car door.

"Understandable. I hope you both are okay?" she said with a huge smile. Cheryl knew the woman wasn't being rude, just shocked to meet her.

"Yes, thank you. Have a good day" she nodded to the woman. She smiled and nodded very enthusiastically back to her before turning away to get back in her car. Cheryl got back in her car and began to drive again.

"You're getting checked over when we get there" Cheryl said, a deep frown on her forehead. She couldn't believe what had just happened. She wouldn't have reacted like that usually, but she had Kimberley in the car. Anything could have happened and the thought terrified her.

"I swear I'm okay, you didn't break that hard" replied Kimberley in a calm voice. Cheryl really did break quite hard but she was telling the truth when she said she was fine.

"I don't care" said Cheryl. Kimberley decided to stay quiet for the rest of the journey so Cheryl would calm down a bit. She knew Cheryl so well, she didn't need to take it personally. After all, it was Kimberley who she was thinking about.