24

"What a day" groaned Cheryl, falling down onto the sofa. Kimberley sat down next to her and started rubbing Cheryl's feet.

"I'm sorry they were angry babe" said Kimberley, referring to their meeting earlier about making a statement that Cheryl and herself were in a relationship together and that they're going to raise Kimberley's baby together. Management saying it was 'messed up' was the least of their concerns.

"I don't honestly give a fuck what they think" Cheryl replied, leaning her head back and trying to relax. Her tone wasn't angry, but Kimberley could tell she had a lot on her mind about it. The meeting really did not go well at all.

"Who do they think they are to tell me that anyway?" she began her rant. Kimberley was bracing herself for this moment their whole journey back home. "It's my choice and my fucking life. They shouldn't run it for me" Cheryl stood up and started pacing the room.

"Do they not have hearts? For fuck sake. Bunch of shits" she continued.

"But you fought babe and you won" Kimberley said calmly, interrupting the younger girls rant. Cheryl stopped pacing the room and looked at her, her anger faded slightly as she looked at her pregnant girlfriend, feeling slightly bad for going off on one like that when she had got some bad comments as well.

"Ooh I'm so sorry babe" Cheryl said, going back over to Kimberley and cuddling up to her. "I just don't like it that they think they can tell me what to do. My family comes first, they should know that already" she sighed, leaning back on the sofa with Kimberley in her arms.

"I'm sorry if this has a negative effect on your career" Kimberley said quietly, stroking up and down Cheryl's arm.

"Like I said, family comes first. You and the little man are all I care about now, I hope you know that" she replied. She felt Kimberley's hand gently cup her face and got her to turn to look at her.

"I love you" the older woman said, leaning in to kiss her girlfriend softly.

"I love you too" she replied, snuggling back into her. "I'm sorry you got all the shit as well, I wasn't expecting them to be that hard on you" she sighed while playing with one of Kimberley's hands.

"But you came to my rescue, as always" she smiled, leaning her head on Cheryl's as a why of saying 'thank you' again.

"Still, they shouldn't have said them things to you, especially in your condition" she said half angrily, lifting Kimberley's hand up to her mouth and kissing it.

"I wasn't expecting them to give me a pat on the back for it Chez" she replied.

"It pissed me off" said Cheryl.

"So I noticed" Kimberley giggled, pulling Cheryl in closer to her.

"Sorry" she laughed. "At least they know how serious I am about this, I guess" she added, thinking back to her long rant in the meeting room with their managers when they said one bad thing to Kimberley.

"Are we going to pick the papers up tomorrow in the way to the event?" Kimberley asked. They both knew they'd be front page news the next day, and possibly for a lot of days after.

"Yeah, if they still want me there" replied Cheryl. She had to sing four songs for a charity event in the evening.

"They're not going to cancel your slot babe, they can't" said Kimberley, she knew Cheryl was a little worried what people were going to think of her, but that feeling didn't stop her getting what she wanted.

"I know" she agreed. "Do you want a drink?" she asked.

"Yes please" Kimberley answered, getting herself comfortable again when Cheryl got up off the sofa,

Cheryl came back in the living room to see Kimberley in some pain.

"Are you alright? Are you hurting?" she questioned. Kimberley nodded and kept her hand over her belly.

"I think this little one is practising for his future career in kickboxing or something" she laughed, still in some discomfort.

"You don't have to come tomorrow babe, I wouldn't want you being in pain there. I will freak out on stage if I see you hurting" she giggled, putting the drinks down on the table in front of them. She sat back on the sofa and rubbed Kimberley's belly. Kimberley laughed.

"I want to go, seriously, I will be okay" she smiled to her. Cheryl smiled back then faced her belly.

"You be a good boy for mummy tomorrow, she's going to watch mammy performing in front of millions on live TV. You need to be good otherwise mammy will mess up and look silly in front of the whole country, and we don't want that now, do we? You be a good boy so mummy can enjoy herself a little more when she gets home" said Cheryl, talking the the bump.

"Maybe you shouldn't talk like that to our unborn child. Corrupting his little ears already!" giggled Kimberley. Cheryl looked up at her with her eyebrows raised and a smile of her face.

"He must be used to it by now" she winked. "The amount of times you've wanted sex... maybe his career will be footballing" laughed Cheryl. Kimberley was surprised by Cheryl's words that her mouth had fallen open slightly in shock.

"Joking babe, he wont be one of them shits" she said, laughing at the expression on her lovers face. She had to admit to herself that it was a bit of a risky joke, but she was over it now, so why not joke about it?