63

"I'm going to do it. But I want you to make it clear to him that I want nothing more to do with him after, okay?" Cheryl said to Mr Ravenscroft as she re-entered the living room with Kimberley.

"Will do" he replied while getting out some paper work. "Would you sign here for me please Miss Tweedy" he said, holding the papers to her with a pen for her to sign. Cheryl quickly read through the document and signed it at the bottom.

She handed the papers back to him and sat back on the sofa and looked at him. She felt Kimberley taking hold of her hand again.

"Right, Mr Cole will be due for court in four days. I know it is short notice but these are very serious alligations and the woman is adamant to bring him down" he said, then there was a knock at the door. Kimberley got up and went to the door while Cheryl remained in the living room with the lawyer.

"Hello gorgeous!" smiled Cheryl, getting up and greeting her son. She took him from Kimberley and sat back down with him. "Did you miss us?" she asked him. His big green eyes looked back at her and he stuck his bottom lip out. "You go to mummy" she said then handed him back to Kimberley.

"Sorry about that" the Geordie said to Mr Ravenscroft, he nodded understandingly. "Right so, four days... got it" she said.

"I will pass your message onto Mr Cole and you will be notified in three days what time you are expected to be there" he said while standing up. "Thank you for the coffee" the man added before heading for the front door.

"Thank you" Cheryl said before closing the door on him. She walked back in the living room and snuggled up on the sofa with Kimberley and Scott.

"Are you okay?" the older woman asked while watching her play with her sons hand.

"Yeah I'm fine babe. Just wanting a cuddle from my family now" she smiled. Scott started crying.

"Think his gums are hurting" said Kimberley after noticing a few days ago the little boy had started teething.

"Aaaw baby" Cheryl kissed his head and rocked him in her arms. She noticed at the corner of her eye her mobile flashing.

"Babe can you pass me the phone?" she asked. Kimberley reached over and handed it to her. "It's Lily" she sighed. "I'd better answer it" she passed Scott back to Kimberley went made her way upstairs to answer the phone.

It was ten minutes until Cheryl came back downstairs to Kimberley who was feeding Scott.

"I phoned me mam as well" she said, leaning back on the sofa and rubbing her head.

"What did she say?" she asked.

"She's not happy, but fuck it. I'm going to get it over and done with and that's that" the younger girl replied. Kimberley rested her head on Cheryl's for a couple of seconds before sitting back up straight.

"I'm so proud of you" the older girl said. She pulled back and saw Cheryl's eyes full of tears before one ran down her cheek. Cheryl looked at her with a sorry look before the younger girl fell against Kimberley and cried quietly.

"Talk to me, Cheryl" she whispered. She felt Cheryl shake her head. "Please, please just talk to me about this" she kissed her head three times. Scott reached his hand up to Cheryl and touched her face as if to comfort her which made her giggle.

"Such a good little boy" the Geordie said, kissing him on the head. She pulled back from Kimberley.

"He hurt me" Cheryl said after a while, looking at the floor. Kimberley took hold of her wrist and squeezed her gently.

"I know" she said sympathetically. She put Scott down on the sofa between them and turned to face Cheryl properly, she turned to face her as well.

"You know I love you so much, Kimba. So much I can't even breathe sometimes. You have to believe me when I say I've never loved anyone so much" she said, feeling emotional again with her heart beat getting faster.

"I do believe you" she replied quietly while reaching up and stroking her cheek with her thumb. Cheryl put her hand over Kimberley's that was on her cheek and held it there for a few moments with her eyes closed.

"I just... I still feel..." she started but stopped, wondering if she had stepped too far already.

"Go on" Kimberley encouraged.

"I still feel bitter about what he did to us. He betrayed our vows and I think that's what hurts us the most" she said, biting her lip. "The fact I wasn't good enough for him even though I gave him everything. Prick" she ranted with a frown.

"Then you know you didn't do anything wrong. There is just some people like him around" she said, not really sure what she should say.

"I know" she sighed. "I should have seen what he was like before we married. It's all in the past now though. I should just forget about it. I've moved on and I'm unbelievably happy with you and our little boy" she smiled. "I swear to you I've never been so happy in all me life"

"Me too" Kimberley smiled back to her. "You know I'm not like him, don't you?" she wondered even though she knew Cheryl knew she was nothing like him, she just wanted to reassure her.

"Oh God, of course. If you asked us to marry you right now I'd say yes without a second thought" she said, a blush coming to her cheeks. Kimberley had an unreadable expression on her face at her words. She felt her heart rate speed up.

"I would too" the older girl replied after a while, a shy smile on her face. The two girls suddenly felt nervous and shy around each other as they looked intensely into each others eyes.