49

"It's been a long day" groaned Kimberley a few minutes after she got home from an event. She fell backwards onto the sofa, kicking her shoes off and appreciating the soft cushions underneath her.

"Boring then I take it?" asked Cheryl, coming up behind the sofa and placing her hands on Kimberley's shoulders, rubbing them gently.

"Hmm" she replied, beginning to relax by Cheryl's hand movements. "This dress is so uncomfortable as well. I need to get out of it" she added, but not being bothered to move.

"Why don't you get out of it then?" the younger girl whispered into her girlfriends ear. She kissed along her jaw line and ran her hands down from her shoulders and over her breasts.

"Is your mum out?" she asked, biting her own lip gently as she felt Cheryl's fingers stroke her nipples through the fabric of her dress, they hardened at her touch.

"Yep" she replied before walking around the sofa and standing in front of it, in front of Kimberley. She straddled the girls thighs and kissed her neck.

"And Scott?" she wondered.

"Yep, he's fast asleep" the Geordie said while rubbing the material over her hips. "You look so sexy in this dress" she breathed, feeling increasingly turned on by the appearance of her girlfriend.

"I thought you wanted me to take it off?" the older girl teased while grabbing the bottom of Cheryl's shirt and pulling it over her head, revealing her bare chest to Kimberley.

"Oooh baby I do" she replied before leaning in to kiss her girlfriend fiercely. She cupped her covered breasts in her hands while Kimberley did the same to her.

"Cheryl, have you seen... Ooh my God... I, er, sorry" Joan stuttered upon seeing the two women one the sofa, moments away from making love. Cheryl jumped off of Kimberley and grabbed her shirt to cover herself.

"Mam!" she shouted, flushed and surprised. "I thought you were out!" she said, blushing at her intentions with her mother there.

"I haven't been out all day" she replied, a blush also on her face. Cheryl slipped her shirt back over her head and shuffled uncomfortably where she sat, willing her state of arousal would disappear quicker.

"I walked past your bedroom and you weren't in there... and you haven't been down here!" she ranted. She looked at Kimberley who was nervously rubbing the back of her neck.

"Kimberley there's no need to be shy in front of me, pet" said Joan, looking sadly at the extremely uncomfortable woman. "This isn't the first time I've caught you at it, you know" she continued, directing it at the two of them. She told Kimberley not to be shy even though she was slightly herself.

"What?" said Cheryl, reaching for Kimberley's hand. The older of the couple accepted the offer gratefully.

"The spare bedroom is right next to yours" she replied and leant against the door frame.

"Sorry Joan" said Kimberley although she knew for a fact it wouldn't have been her who she'd heard. Cheryl was always more vocal than herself.

"It's okay, pet, it should be me saying sorry. Us suddenly staying here for a while and not buggering off out long enough for you to have time to yourselves" she rambled Cheryl went to say something but was stopped when her mother started to talk again. "I'm going to bed... sorry, again" she said.

"It's alright" said Kimberley. Both her and Cheryl said goodnight to Joan and looked at each other when she left the room. They giggled.

"Well that kind of killed our plans" laughed Kimberley, knowing there was no way she'd be up for sex again that night.

"Think I might just buy her a new house" Cheryl said, a thoughtful look covering her face. "I love her here and everything but I have missed the sound of your voice some nights" she grinned. One of the best things for Cheryl when they were in bed was her voice, and because of her mother being in the next room, she held it back. Cheryl hadn't quite picked up that skill yet.

"If you did, would it be close to here or where Paul is?" she wondered, feeling bad just at the thought of the ill man.

"I think probably near Paul. She might have down days and just want to be with him, you know?" said Cheryl, her mood also dropping.

"Oh I definitely know" replied Kimberley, thinking back to the most hardest time of her life when Cheryl had malaria and was in intensive care for nearly a whole week. It broke her heart badly seeing her there, tubes everywhere, sometimes freezing and other times sweating. Yet she still went to see her every day.

At first she stayed away because she couldn't handle seeing the woman she loved in that awful state. Then as time went on, with each second feeling like an hour, she couldn't bare it knowing that Cheryl was there and she wasn't there to look after her. She knew that was the doctors job, but ultimately she knew it was her who Cheryl would keep on fighting for.

The younger woman kept slipping in and out of consciousness but Kimberley was always there when she came around to reassure her that she would be okay.

"I know what you're thinking" said Cheryl after noticing the look on Kimberley's face.

"Sorry" she said. She wasn't intending to bring up her illness but it crossed Kimberley's mind at time to time when something reminded her of it. It altered both of their lives massively.

"If anyone got me through that time, it was you babe, I hope you know that" the younger woman stated. Kimberley closed her eyes and nodded before taking her girlfriend into her arms and holding her until she fell asleep.

Kimberley shuffled away from her and got up off the sofa after noticing Cheryl was asleep. She went and got some warm blankets and wrapped them around her before making her way up the stairs, kissing Scott on the head and going to sleep in the empty bed.