Epilogue

Five years later

"Mommy mommy! Look what I made!" Her brunette curls bounced as she ran towards me, her eyes bright with laughter.

"Oh Em, is this for me?" I smiled down at the grinning five year old.

She nodded happily. "Do you like it? Here's you, and daddy, and my brother." She said happily. "Look, he's in your tummy."

I smiled. "Yes baby, he is." I smiled, rubbing my own bloated belly.

"Was I in there too?" She smiled, her large green eyes curios.

I chewed my bottom lip. "Hey, how about we go home and wait for daddy so we can go and see grandma and grandpa. How does that sound?"

She nodded. "Okay mommy." She ran away to grab her things.

"How are you feeling Mrs. Simpson?" Emily's teacher Lara smiled at me.

"Tired." I laughed a little. "Emily and this guy right here can sure wear a person out."

"I bet." She laughed. "She's quite the busy body. Did you get that diploma of yours yet?"

"I did actually! I don't know how, but I did it."

"When's the ceremony, without a doubt I will be there." She smiled kindly.

Lara and I had become quite close over time. She was there to loom after Emily when none of my family was available. She loved her just as much as the rest of us did.

"The end of June, just before I'm die with this guy." I rubbed my stomach in a protective circle.

Being pregnant was a hassle, but feeling those small tiny movements within you were entirely worth it.

She laughed. "Everything sure has its own way of working out doesn't it?"

I smiled. "Indeed it does." She has no idea as to just how true that statement was.

Emily came running back to me, waiving to her teacher. "Goodbye Mrs.Grace."

"Goodbye Miss Simpson." She smiled kindly.

Emily continued to go on about her day during the drive back to our place. Hunter and I brought our first home together only three years ago, shortly after getting married. It's was a cute little two story family home not too far from our parents homes.

Most of my friends from campus though I was crazy for getting married at 19 and already on track to settle down with my second child at nearly 23. They were more into partying and living there last year of college out to the fullest. I on the other hand, couldn't be more content. I had my sweet Emily, who I loved as my own, Hunter, the most amazing husband and father in the world, and my beautiful baby boy on the way. I couldn't be happier.

"Baby, mommy's gotta make a quick stop ok?" I looked at her in my mirrors, she was sitting in her booster seat drawing things in a coloring book. She nodded. "Remember when mommy took you to the place where all the people are sleeping?"

"Under the ground?" She asked innocently.

"Yes baby, under the ground." She nodded again. "That's where we're gonna go okay. We're gonna go say hi to Uncle Tyler."

She nodded. "Mommy."

"Yes baby."

"Will uncle Tyler ever wake up?"

I looked at her through the mirrors again, she wasn't looking at me, and for a moment, I had to remind myself to keep my eyes on the road. I got a lump in my throat for a second before swallowing it.