Eleven

Maggie's bedroom ----->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was entirely too early for me to be up during summer break, but I got up anyway. My internship started today. I wasn't really sure what to expect today, but I hoped I wouldn't have to "run in" to Hunter. His appearance there was spurattic and you never knew exactly when he was going to show up.

If I was lucky, I wouldn't have to deal with him at all today. After the other night, he was not my favorite person, I mean why was he always calling me a kid? It was so annoying! With the exception of that night, I still wasn't talking to him. He tried, but I guess he caught on pretty quick because he stopped trying, which in return only made me matter. He was clearly saying that a kid like me wasn't worth his time in the first place.

But, of course with me being me, I would be the one with a friggin one leaf clover. That's how unlucky was. Why? Because Hunter would be driving me around like the child he thought I was.

I was dressed nicely in a cute little red dress that I deemed appropriate for such an environment. I even tied my hair in a sophisticated knot and put on a black pair of pumps that I rarely went near. I wanted to show them that I was serious about this job. Even if the original reason why I had taken it in the first place was because of some boy.

When I came downstairs, Hunter was already there. He was just sitting his coffee mug down read a paper. I swear lawyers, even those working coming to become, were all the same. I mean how old was he like 40?

"Oh, goodmorning." He said, not even looking up from his paper.

I kindly ignored him and went to out a muffin in the toaster oven,pouring me a cup of orange juice in the process.

"Why goodmorning Hunter!" He said in a high pitched tone. He still wasn't looking at me.

"I sound nothing like that." My tone was bored. Ugh! Why did his voice give me tingly feelings?!

He chuckled and finally looked up. "Oh, you look great."

I looked down at my outfit and began to blush. Maybe I should go upstairs and change. "Thanks." I mumbled. "I'm gonna go change now."

"What because I said I liked it? That's real mature." He said with a roll of his eyes.

I have him a dirty look. "No, I could care less what you think." I bit. It was a total lie, I hung over his every word.

"Sure you don't." He said with a smile.

I huffed. "Yeah, in going to change now."

"Can't. Don't have time." He said simply. Folding his paper up and grabbing his mug. "Get your muffin and meet me in the car."

I huffed. "Would you stop telling me what to do! You're treating me like I'm a kid!"

"Well you're acting like one." He folded his arms across his chest with a smug smile on his face.

"Ugh!" I pushed right passed him and out the side door. I sat with my arms crossed over my chest as I starred out the window looking at nothing.

When he got in the car I scooted as far I could towards my door. How was he making me sick but still making me attracted to him all at once!? He was so friggin confusing!

"You know, I still haven't figured out why my only friend right now is still giving me the silent treatment." I said nothing. "See what I mean?"

"You're not funny." I snapped. Even though I said this, he could say cheese and I would double over in fits of laughter.