Fifty-one

I wasn't sure exactly when I passed out, but I woke up to Sarah's touch.

"Hey, you okay? I found you downstairs on the floor."

I looked around in confusion, I was in my bedroom. "Uh...y-yeah." I could barely get anything out. There was so much pain in my body, in my heart. It hurt like nothing I'd ever felt. It was something entirely new, something foreign to me.

I began sniffing uncontrollably before breaking down into tears again, scaring Sarah.

"Oh! What the, Maggie, calm down, breath, tell me what's the matter." She said with genuine concern.

"Hunter....he...we, I-" I couldn't breath, I was having an actual panic attack.

"Hunter what? Oh gosh no, tell me he's okay, Maggie talk to me, what happened?" She rubbed my back in soothing circles. Panic underlying her tone as she tried to calm me down.

"He...we, broke up." I finally got out, balling out even harder.

She sighed in relief before her face saddened. "Oh, Maggie love." She hugged me close to her.

I don't know how long I cried that night but Sarah stayed with me the entire time. When I woke up the next morning I was in my pajamas. My eyes were sore and my throat hurt, I had a killer headache, and my face felt puffy. Great, today was all ready turning out wonderful.

As I went about my day, the pain in my chest never lessened. There was a hole in me that only one person could fulfill.

I had to smile at every one and pretend as if nothing was wrong. Half of my heart had been ripped right out of my chest. Everything seemed like a major task when I could barely keep myself in one piece.

The day went by a billion times slower, and every waking moment was a reminder that a piece of me was missing.

I did everything it took to avoid him. But it didn't take much. He didn't try to call me, text me, nothing. We shut our selves off from each other. I laid starring at the clock on my bedside table, watching as his time here in my presence slowly ticked away, and unfortunately for me, my chances of actually seeing him before he left were slim to nil.

******

HUNTER'S POV

"Look Sarah I said I don't want to talk about it! Get the hell out!" I felt no remorse I slamming the door directly in her face. Why couldn't she take a damn hint? The last thing I wanted to think about was Maggie. Thinking about her made my actual heart hurt. It was driving me half insane knowing that I'd just let her leave, that I left willingly.

She was the only thing that mattered to me, the only person I wanted to be with. I wanted to bring her in my arms and never let her go.

I was upset with her, angry even. How could she feel as if she was second place in my life? Everything I did, every adjustment I'd made was for her, it was all for her. I wanted to give her everything, she was my everything. Losing her was like losing a part of me.

I didn't have the guts to talk her. I was being a whimp, I couldn't let her see my weakness like that. She was my weakness. I was waist deep in my feelings and it was making me feel like some love sick chick.

Sarah ignored me and walked back into my room. "You're a real idiot you know that? I ought to write it on your forehead, maybe then it'll sink in."

"I said get out of my room." My voice was low and menacing.

My mood had been entirely up in the air where it would stay until I had back the one thing I wanted most.

"Hunter what are you doing over here sulking? Go and get her." She said this to me as if I were the slowest person on the planet, which I kind of was. Letting her go was the dumbest idea ever.