Fourteen

I was excited again about my internship today, now I had reason to. I wouldn't have to avoid Hunter anymore, and now I knew for sure that he had feelings for me too, which meant the world to me. That's all I ever wanted, was for him to feel the same way about me, how I'd felt for him all along. Yet, I still felt bad, which only let me know that I actually did have a heart. Even if his girlfriend, excuse me "fiancé" was a gold digger, she was still his fiancé.

When I woke up, Sarah was already gone for the day, she was building the house again.

I got dressed in a daze, I paid half attention to if what I was putting on was mine, our clothes had got mixed in together years ago, now we just kept a steady cycle of swapping and returning.

I settled on a cute little sundress that could have been either one of ours, who knew? I didn't really have the patience to do my hair, so I just wet it and made it extra curly. I thought about changing things up, so I put on this bright red lipstick, it made my looks look full, and of course...totally kissable.

When I got downstairs Hunter was just coming back inside. "Morning." He mumbled tiredly.

I smiled bashfully. "Morning."

He yawned and pulled a mug down from the cabinet, pouring freshly made coffee into it. "Want some?" I shook my head. He rolled his eyes and laughed a little. "Right, I forgot, coffee is for "old people"."

I squinted my eyes. "Fine."

"What?"

I was standing by his side, spreading some cream cheese on a bagel. "Give me some."

He gauged my reaction for a moment, and then shook his head. He took another mug down and poured some into it. "Careful, it's hot."

I rolled my eyes and blew on it as I lifted it to my mouth. "Would you stop watching me?" I said anxiously, he was making me antsy.

He chuckled and lifted his hands up. "Sorry."

I took a small sip and tried not to cringe as its bland, tasteless taste hit my tongue. "Ergh, that's gross."

He laughed. "Well, you might want to make it something other then straight black coffee." He took the mug from me and got the milk from the fridge, he then added it to the mug along with creamer and some sugar. After starring it around, he handed it back to me. "Here, now try."

I did, and this time, it actually wasn't half bad. "Not too shabby. But if you knew I had to add all that, why'd you let me drink it?"

"I just wanted to see your face." He laughed and I punched him in the arm.

"Not funny."

He smirked and pulled me towards him, stealing a quick kiss. My eyes widened. "Are you insane? What if someone saw that?!"

"My parents are at work, Matt's at a friends for the day, Sarah's out being a nerd of course, and Ellie's out like the dead. Anything else you worried about?" He gave me a tilted smile and I began to blush.

"Still." I mumbled as I took another sip. Not only did it feel wrong,it was making me paranoid, what if someone decided to just come home early?

He took my mug from my hands and sat it on the counter. He then hoisted me up on the island and stood in between me. "You always have worried too much." He said as he kissed me.

Out of pure habit, I kissed him back, moving my hands through his hair and wrapping my legs around him. He pulled me closer towards him, our mouths moving together in perfect unison.

I pushed him back after a moment, already breathless. "You're messing up my makeup." I said as I hoped down. I was digging in my back for lipstick when his hands came and snaked around my waist. He kissed my neck, causing my hands to go slack as I leaned back into him.