Thirty

By the end of my first week, I was feeling pretty comfortable with the place. Tyler and I would stay up all night, then go out after sleeping all day, and then do the same thing all over again. I got to see so many cool places, sometimes Tyler's dad came with us, but it was usually just the two of us.

We'd grown even closer in just that short amount of time and I could tell that Tyler was close to becoming my other half. I hadn't laughed hard lately, but he was doing a good job and keeping my smiling, I barely thought about the situations back home.

Tyler and I had been doing so much that I barely had time to think about my problems. Like Hunter for one. I hadn't talked to him since I last spike to him at the gelato shop. We texted here and there and snap chatted a bit, but that was about it. Had I had real time to worry, I would be thinking of the worse possible scenarios. I just prayed we would still be together by the time summer ended. Or, had Hunter and I been nothing more than a summer fling from the very beginning?

"Earth to Maggie." Tyler snapped his fingers in front if my face.

"Huh? Oh um, sorry." I said bashfully, I'd zoned out yet again, something I'd been doing often now.

"Spacing out again huh?" Sebastian laughed. We were sitting around the pool in their backyard, basking in the sun an drinking lemonade. I felt like a movie star.

"Sorry."

"A lot on your mind?" Tyler nudged me with his elbow.

I smiled a little. "No, I'm just...I don't know. When I space out, my mind just goes blank."

Both guys laugh. "You sound like a goldfish." Sebastian laughed. "They lose their memory every ten seconds."

I rolled my eyes. "That's just a myth."

"Is it? You seem to be proving it to be quite valid." Sebastian smirked, Tyler snickered.

I gave him the bird. "You'd know wouldn't you? Your brain's already so similar to theirs."

Tyler laughed while Sebastian just rolled his eyes. For some reason, we were always making sly remarks at each other. It was how we got along.

"I'm sorry, I forgot what you just said, it's already been ten seconds."

I rolled my eyes. "Idiot."

He chuckled. "Bella."

I tried not to smile. "Hey! No using other languages."

"You knew what that meant though." He pointed out.

"Who doesn't? It's Bella as in Bella Swan." I smiled proudly.

"Doubt it." Both guys said in unison with a roll of their eyes.

I laughed. "So what's for dinner tonight?"

"My mother's cooking." Sebastian commented.

I bit my bottom lip. "So does that mean that we all have to like...sit at the same table?"

Sebastian rolled his eyes. "That's kind of how dinner works."

I got the feeling that Amelia didn't really like me. She did what ever it took to belittle me in anyway possible, she really was a bitch.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you from the wicked bitch of the east." Tyler whispered and I laughed.

"Hey! I heard that stronzo." He swore in Italian.

"Hey man, it's the truth, your mom's an ass lowkey." He said with a shrug.

"She is not, she just speaks her mind."