Ten

Sarah's house ----->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is my fault that you keep blowing me off?" Tyler said over the phone, laughing slightly.

"Of course not! There are just...other things I'm preoccupied with." Yeah, like avoiding Hunter at all cost, which meant pretty much staying locked in my room because he was always everywhere but up here. Always! I'd been avoiding him for a good three days now, and I was dreading starting that internship in two days. Who's to say he wouldn't be there?!

"Yeah I understand, you don't have to explain yourself to me." He said gently.

I was starting to feel bad, Tyler was trying to be a good friend, how could I keep turning his outings out with nothing more then some lame excuses of I wasn't feeling to well?!

"Hey, you know, you could come over here, we don't have to do anything, we could have an indoors day!"

"I thought you were sick? Shouldn't you be resting?" He laughed.

"Yeah, see...I lied about that." I said straightforwardly.

He laughed. "Wow, so blunt, can I ask why?"

I snorted. "I think you know why. It's the lamest excuse in the book."

"Hey if you didn't want to hang out with me it's cool, I understand, although I really like when we hang out." He said gently.

I smiled. "I do too, and believe that is not why I blew you off." I huffed, decoding to just tell him the truth. Okay well part of it, I couldn't flat out tell him I was on love with my best friends older brother who was engaged and wouldn't give me the time of day even though he kissed and then tried to take it back and. Yet was completely blind to the fact that I had huge feelings for him! Yeah, I definitely couldn't tell him all that. "I've just been avoiding someone." I said truthfully. I felt like he at least deserved that.

He laughed. "Okay, I feel a lot better knowing it's not me."

I laughed. "Yeah, never you...so are you coming or not weirdo?"

He gasped. "Did you just call me what I think you called me? Mmm, that's not very nice, how are you going to insult while trying to get me to come over your house?"

I laughed harder then I had been before. He could say the dumbest thing and I would fall over laughing like some idiot. Ergh, I was such a dork.

"Okay! Okay, I apologize." I smiled.

"Well then I guess I'll see you in a few." He chuckled.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" The moment the line went dead, I bolted out of bed to fix myself up. There was going to be a time when he didn't see me looking like a complete slob.

I was scrunching up my curls, trying to make them look presentable when Sarah barged through my door.

"Knock much?!" I laughed.

She kissed my cheek. "Now Maggie, do I ever?" She cooed.

I giggled and swatted her away. "Okay get out, Tyler is coming over."

"Oh uh uh! You are not blowing me off on a Fresh Prince marathon night young lady!" She scolded.

I frowned. "Yeah I know, sorry. But I've kind if been blowing him off the past few days."

She cocked a brow. "But I thought you liked him?"

"Yes, as a friend, I do, but I haven't really been stepping foot outside my room."

"Gee, I haven't noticed." Hence the sarcasm.

"Sorry, I just don't want to run into..." I trailed off, not wanting to think about it as I applied a little lipgloss to my thin lips. I only wished I could have big full ones like her.