Thirty-five

"Maggie what part of I don't want you seeing that boy do you not understand?!"

I groaned. "Would you stop saying 'that boy'! You've known 'that boy' his entire life! You were at the hospital when he was born!"

"Mary-Margret Olivia Spivey. I mean it, you will not continuing seeing that boy. As long as you are in my house you will live by my damn rules. He is trouble, and he is NO good for you!"

"You can't and you won't stop me from seeing him!"

"I sure ass hell will! You are my daughter and you will do as I say!"

"Errrrrgh!" I screamed. "Stop treating me like a child! You wanted us to spend some time apart and it nearly ended us! I will not let you ruin this for me! I will not stop seeing him! I WILL NOT do what you say!"

My father's hand collided with the side of my face. "You watch that mouth of yours you hear me?!"

I stood there completely shocked to say or do anything. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Oh Maggie, baby I am so sorry." He took I stepped toward me and I stepped back. How dare he put his hands on me. Before he could say anything more I ran out of the kitchen, running straight outside and next door to Sarah's house.

My eyes were already tear filled when I burst through the front door.

"Maggie?" I heard his dad called. I ignored him and ran straight to Hunter's room.

He was sitting at his computer listening to music when I came in. "Maggie? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He stood up and made his way towards me, wrapping his arms around me. "What's wrong love?"

"I got in a fight with my dad." I cried into him.

"Aw love, I'm-"

I shook my head. "No Hunter, he slapped me in my face!"

For a moment his tongue was caught. "But...um...love, what, why would he do that?" His face was confused as his eyebrows knitted together. I could tell he was battling n what he was going to say.

"He told me I couldn't see you anymore and I told him that would never happen." I sniffed.

"Maggie, love..." He hugged me closer to him. "I'm sorry, I can't keep getting you into things like this." He said more to himself. "Maggie, I don't want you getting in fights with your parents because of me." He said somberly.

"It'd not my parents, it's just my stupid ass father. I hate him." I grumbled.

"Babe, you don't mean that." He said gently.

"I do Hunter." I said firmly. My dad had no right. "He thinks he can still tell me what to do and that I'll listen, well I can tell you now that that is not going to happen. I won't let him or anyone else control my life."

He kissed my tears away. "I'm sorry love, this is all my fault."

I sniffed and wiped at my eyes. "No. No it's not your fault. My dad just hates the fact that I'm growing up." I sighed.

"Exactly, you're growing up, you can't do that if you're wrapped around me. Go experience new things with other people."

"What are you trying to say Hunter?" My voice was small.

He took my face in between his hands and looked me directly in the eyes. "Love, I'm saying that your dad is probably right. I don't want you fighting with your parents because of me. I swear, if he wasn't your father, I'd go over there and break his jaw for putting his hands on you. But I can't, because he's your father, and he's right." He said sadly.