Twenty-three

Hunter and were cuddling on the couch when his mom walked. I started to move away from him, but he held me in place.

"Oh, hey kids." She said in a normal tone of voice.

"Hey." We said in unison.

She sat her bag down on the table, her heels clicking on the cherrywood. "Hunter Ellie called me, she said she needs time to herself first, then she'll talk to you." He and his mom rolled their eyes at the same time. While his dad was head over heels for her, I'd always had the feeling that Tammy saw right through her.

"Uh, okay?" He played with strands of my hair, his eyes still on the TV.

"Now, she's not my favorite person either, but you at least have to talk to the girl."

"Not really." He said in a bored tone.

"Hunter." I poked him in his stomach. "Don't be a jerk."

He looked down at me and rolled his eyes. "What, you think I should talk to her?"

"Well yeah, I mean, she's most likely confused and hurt." I couldn't believe I was defending her.

"Knowing Ellie, she's probably far from the two." He ran his hand through his hair. "I'll talk to her after you're already gone." He rested his chin on top of my head. "I wanna spend every moment with you until it's time for you to go." He said quietly.

I nuzzled closer to him, fitting right into him perfectly. "Ergh, don't remind me." I buried my face in his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"You guys are so cute." She laughed.

Hunter and both gave her the same look as she sat down on the couch with a bowl of crunch n' munch, propping her feet up on the coffee table.

"Mom?" Hunter said.

She looked at him. "What?" He raised his brows, our parents made it kind of clear that they didn't like the fact that we were together. She frowned."Hunter, Maggie...maybe you guys got the wrong impression about how we felt about the two of you being together. We thought it to be irresponsible because of the circumstances of your prior relationship Hunter, but believe me when I say I couldn't be happier for you two. That girl was no match for you love, I'm sure you knew that, I raised you better then to just run off with some party girl."

Hunter laughed. "Thanks mom, and it's nice to know that at least someone supports us being together."

"Oh Katherine does too." She said simply.

"My mom?"

She nodded. "Honestly I think you're fathers just liked looking at her knockers." She laughed. My mouth fell open and I snickered.

"Yeah, they were pretty big." Hunter smirked. I elbowed him in the stomach. He laughed. "Ow! Babe, in kidding."

His mother laughed. "So what's the birthday plans for this evening Maggie?"

My actual birthday wasn't until tomorrow, but, thanks to my parents, I wouldn't really have time to celebrate it, instead, I'd be alone on a plane.

"Well, I'm not sure, I was thinking of maybe I don't know, a dinner party? Somewhere nice where we'd actually have to dress nice."

"What about Rioz? You love that place." Hunter commented.

"I could actually go for some Brazilian food." Tammy smiled.

"Then Rioz it is." I laughed.

******

"Ow! Sarah you're gonna rip my hair out!"